DIWHY did you build this

This guy needs to come here and use his urethane casting and engineering skill for something even greater and logical. This is like one of best built weirdest builds. A lot of thought went into this even though it doesn’t follow any best practices we have set for ourselves.

7 Likes

grafik
grafik

What the hell is even that

3 Likes

How many bars would a bus bar bus if a bus bar could bus bars?

7 Likes

He calls it a power distributor with swappable FML fuses

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/12s8j6t

3 Likes

“My next project: An ultra low-cost long-range esk8 build capable of 100km range. 2.4 kwh of deep-cycle lead acid batteries, 5-foot deck built out of 2x4s. Weight: 130 lsbs. (Album of the rough blocking out of the build–I promise the real build will look just as derpy) I dub it the ‘plankboard’” per the Reddit link.

Reminds me of that build with the piece of AL bar stock forming the deck: 🛹 3D design and stuff - #168 by Mr.Electronicist

2 Likes

You fucking lost me here. I was all with you but then you uttered a blasphemous phrase. Can’t support lead acid.

If you want a solid deep cycle cell, look into LTO or even LiFePo4. Lead batteries need to be retired as fast as possible for the sake of humanity and the rest of the planet.

1 Like

** disclaimer ** not my project- copypasta from reddit.

tf is he building with 4 100/250s

4 Likes

A car?

13 Likes

You beat me by 13 minutes. I was on my way to post this lol.

1 Like

Dude must love figs or something

Big slash s on that one in case anyone thinks I can’t read good

2 Likes

Trying to get this thing rolling before the weekend has led to some janky solutions. Feels really good to be building shit for fun again :smiley:
EDIT: is the video not loading for anyone else?

1 Like

Are you on an iPhone by any chance?

I’ve been meaning to get around to starting a build thread for this project, but just haven’t gotten around it it.
Till then,

5 Likes

It loads for me

2 Likes

Looks ready to put a kid or two on! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lemme try again:

3 Likes