Dilemma: flipsky 6.6plus or unity

Correct, they are upgraded with following:

10AWG + XT90 Battery cable (original 12AWG + XT60)
12AWG + 5.5 Bullet + 2cm longer (original 14AWG + 3.5 bullet)
Button cable is also 6 cm longer then original!

The maytech 100amp esc is better than the focbox in my experience😉

1 Like

Is that the flipsky your talking about

Nvm just saw it was your unity. (Its nice but my battery is a 10s with xt60 connector. Your unity has correct motor connector size but i would still have to make adapter for battery this time.)

1 Like

Omg are you deciding which esc based on the connector it comes with?

Changing connectors is one of the most basic things. IMHO get over it and learn to do it asap, or move on to another hobby.

Also don’t use phase wire adapters unless testing. More resistance, another failure point, more bulk. Swap the connectors (do a good job), and swap back if you need to deal with warranty.

And I vote unity if you can get one immediately.

8 Likes

You’re from Montreal, right?

If you’re insecure about soldering the connectors I can help you out. Let me know via DM.

2 Likes

You can order a xt-90 to xt-60 connector off of amazon for like 3 bucks.

Those are not what is needed

You literally just said the bioboards unity could work with your motors but not your battery, so yes, that is what is needed.

For the bioboards unity. Im not buying the bioboards unity am i now

Bruh chill

He’s just trying to help you

? No one is getting excited. Im chill no worries

No, but you’re on a discussion forum asking for information, I’m giving it to you. It was in direct response to you talking about the unity. You said you dont want to change anything…

If you read from the top i talk about a regular unity.

Then someone mentionned the bioboard so i mentionned quickly that even if i would consider that one (the bioboard) i would still have to change a connector.

But the original post is about a regular unity vs flipsky.
I mention the issue is the motor connectors being 3.5mm on the unity and i have 5.5mmm.
So i need motor connector adapters. Not xt connectors.

That is all. There is no fuss anywhere.
You gave me info on xt connectors and i simply said thats not what i need.
I dont see the issue here.
Please point me to it before this turns into a shit, again, over stupid crap.

Yup. The bioboards you would only need a 3 dollar xt-90 to xt-60 connector as I stated. It has the upgraded motor phase wires, so you wouldn’t have to solder your own. Just trying to help ya man.

Also if using a loopkey, you can use different size adapters on each end.

@diablofredd Read thread, watch videos, buy at least 60w soldering iron and connectors from Amazon or Hobby King, practice, swap connectors as needed, and enjoy the wild world of DIY!

Or buy a prebuilt board. Seriously, limiting yourself to a DIY product based solely on the connectors it comes with is going to severely limit your options and you may never even get a board built if one thing doesn’t “plug and play” because of two different connectors.

1 Like

I would consider the bioboard one but i need/want it yesterday and if i pick the quick shipping option ill end up at 700$. Not willing to pay that for any esc.

I will definitely learn to solder. I want to build a battery.
I just want to use my mew motors now (cause ive been waiting a long time for them and am excited) and the esc i have simply wont work so since i gotta buy one i wanted a plug and play.

I especially didnt want to practice on a 400$ piece of hardware the first time.

Im sure i could do it without much issues but at that price point if i fuck up im gonna be more then pissed if something breaks and i loose that kind of money.

The Flipsky 6.6 (non-plus) has served me very well, riding with lots of WOT at 70A motor and 32A battery (per VESC). The voltage sensor is very poor, but it works until the Unity is something that I can order and receive within a week.

1 Like