Dilemma: flipsky 6.6plus or unity

that is so not fully correct.
one you should buy from a reseller or used to get in time, the other one you can by from the producing company and get it in time.

What dilemma? You actually want to deal with enertion’s shipping and delays? Are you mad?

6 Likes

Didnt i write i can get both within a day? (Ir was that in another post)

Anyways i can get either within a day so shipping isnt an issue.

My dilemma is which one i should choose. Ive read equally good stuff about both and was just looking for peoples opinions and experiences

Neither. Two single motor ESCs is better than a dual motor ESC.

1 Like

That does make sense for safety concerns.
Also if one breaks i dont have to buy the entire thing again.

Great now you added more to my dilemma lol

1 Like

For the record, I am still searching for my new preferred ESC now that FOCBOX was discontinued. Maker-X Mini FOC Plus looks promising but is rather new and untested at the moment.

3 Likes

If supply is not an issue I would buy unity right away

1 Like

Althought the unity comes with 3.5mm females on the phase wires…they include the male ends as well… You solder the male “wire” end into a 5.5mm female cup… Super easy and now you still read on the oe wires…and all normal motors can plug in…

Correct, they are upgraded with following:

10AWG + XT90 Battery cable (original 12AWG + XT60)
12AWG + 5.5 Bullet + 2cm longer (original 14AWG + 3.5 bullet)
Button cable is also 6 cm longer then original!

The maytech 100amp esc is better than the focbox in my experience😉

1 Like

Is that the flipsky your talking about

Nvm just saw it was your unity. (Its nice but my battery is a 10s with xt60 connector. Your unity has correct motor connector size but i would still have to make adapter for battery this time.)

1 Like

Omg are you deciding which esc based on the connector it comes with?

Changing connectors is one of the most basic things. IMHO get over it and learn to do it asap, or move on to another hobby.

Also don’t use phase wire adapters unless testing. More resistance, another failure point, more bulk. Swap the connectors (do a good job), and swap back if you need to deal with warranty.

And I vote unity if you can get one immediately.

8 Likes

You’re from Montreal, right?

If you’re insecure about soldering the connectors I can help you out. Let me know via DM.

2 Likes

You can order a xt-90 to xt-60 connector off of amazon for like 3 bucks.

Those are not what is needed

You literally just said the bioboards unity could work with your motors but not your battery, so yes, that is what is needed.

For the bioboards unity. Im not buying the bioboards unity am i now

Bruh chill

He’s just trying to help you

? No one is getting excited. Im chill no worries