Different Firmware on each side of my VESC, unable to flash, help needed

Really??!! Wow, not so good news! haha. I’ll keep trying and will keep you posted.

1 Like

Yeah, fixing the bricked esc would be nice, I could get back some of my money :ok_hand:
Did you have different FW on each side or you were just unable to upgrade?

It’s a minor change in the log from 1.28.

1 Like

That’s what I supposed, Thanks

I had everything working fine. Then I had the brilliant idea of upgrading it.

So, the remote stopped showing the speed modes and battery. So I tried getting the firmware back to 3.65, and that’s when things got even worse! v2.06 and v1.28 won’t even connect to the vesc… Ackmaniac won’t let me use the wizard to program the motors.

My options now:

1. Try finding a friend with a Mac to install the 1.29 for mac (which I have now) or check if it’s possible to do it with the Android version;
  2. Try program the vesc with previous version (from Ackmaniac) and then trying to upgrade it to Fw3.65, which I’m pretty cure won’t solve my problem anyway…

I’m very lost at the moment… LOL

2 Likes

Gotta leave the FW untouched on those IMO
People should just stay away from upgrading

Did you try v1.28 on another port of the PC, or on another PC?

1 Like

I tried another port, but not another PC. 1.28 would help me a lot, I guess. I’ll try it later, but if I can’t, I think the best option is finding someone with a Mac to install the 1.29 and pray it recognizes the vesc…

1 Like

As Billgordon mentionned 1.29 was just a minor change log from 1.28, I wouldn’t count too much on it, but I wish you the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… I saw that.

I’ll at least try other PCs and the Mac, but if everything goes wrong, I’ll try Ackmaniac downgrade to 3.10 and than try connecting it to 1.28.

I’ll keep you posted. If I need to go for a new Vesc, what do you recommend? What did you go for?

As I’m low on budget, I ordered the same but will NEVER EVER AGAIN touch the FW :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

LOL!! I get it!

@DavidF… Managed to make it work again… not 100%, as I’m not using FW 3.65, but Ackmaniac’s 3.103. But at least it works.

@BillGordon and DavidF… I’ve heard stories of esk8s just stop working mid ride and shooting people from them… do you see any problems on running the Vesc like this - FW3.103 HW:60???

I just want to know if you think I’ll have an accident any time soon! hahahaha

Hey guys, I’m replacing my drives (yeah, I know, my luck…)
Knowing that they are exactly the same as before, should I go to all the VESC Tool calibration mess again?