DieBieMS v0.9 Batch 4

That’s wonderful to hear. Would you be able to tell us what products use diebiems?

Nice to see you around Danny :slight_smile:

Can report that I’ve manage to break the BMSes without any of the mentioned failscenarios above.
Not sure If its a ESD problem or if the conductors is connecting in a wierd sequence when pusing it in but if i plug/unplug the balance connector enough times one balance leg fails and the PMOS that bleeds current stays 100% open. Only way to really notice it is to spot check for heat.

Also had some LTC ICs fry as well.

Other than that I’ve found no flaws at all besides a faulty resistor that feeds the 5V regulator that went to infinity in resistance after a while. But thats more of a faulty component issue.

I’m glad that you get to explore more BMS endevours proffessionally, hope some spills over to EVs/esk8 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel like we are finally ready to change our face-book statuses to “it’s complicated” @JTAG :rofl: :heart_eyes:.

Seriously.

Also seriously, my google search skills turn up a bunch of bullshit when looking for anything comparable. Aaaaand I’ve been out of the game for a long time, so forgive this noob post. Since I suck, and am lost, does my destroyed DieBieMS v1.08 have an available and worthy alternative?

Thanks, sorry for this shitpost

1 Like

@Sam Does this mean DieBieMS is dead? I’m still interested in purchasing new DieBieMS’s even if they are exactly the same as the last batch

I am 80% done with a charge only mini BMS :innocent:, with current sensing for accurate SoC calculation. Post will be made when I have all defined to what I think I want :pleading_face:.

17 Likes

10 Likes

I am new to the esk8 scene, live in Quebec. I would definitely like to get a group buy or get started. I just found out about this last night, I passed out at 2 am, I see that JTAG recently posted on Oct 14th about going mini and cheaper. He mentions variants of the DieBieMS variants in the market.

I want in…I desperately need to discharge 100 amps, like I just found this and I am in love. JTAG - dude, we love you - add a charge/discharge BMS TO THAT minified ASS! My god, I see how long people have waited…this group buy never actually went down, last I see is a cat video and that cat offers no help!

There has been plenty of groupbuys with the diebie, last one fell through tho cause I think Danny has alot on his plate so answering question probably isnt his top priority.

Since you’re “new to the scene” I would go against you and say that you probably dont really need to output 100A contineous. You’ll have to elaborate further however.

The project is opensource, nothing is stopping you from stepping up and producing some units for yourself and others. Hell I’d do it if I was half decent at finnishing all other shit I’ve taken on.

what’s the story, how can I get my hands one one of these?

Anywhere we can buy these connectors loose (preferably Gold Plated as well) (and a crimp tool specsificly for this? been using a a crimp tool for dunpoint connectors and seems to work. sorta)

Is it limited to 12S only or are there plans for higher number of cells?

The connector housing is:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/würth-elektronik/662016113322/4322357

the contacts are:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/würth-elektronik/66200113722DEC/2060459
they are only available in tin plating.

and the crimp tool is:

2 Likes

Thanks! - shame about the plating woulda hoped could find an alternative ;D

Do you recommend the tool since it seems to work with a dunpoint crimp tool. (seems being the narrative word)

I have no experience with the tool.
I used another crimp tool that worked well enough.
This one https://www.te.com/global-en/product-169341-1.html

The ends of the wr-mpc3 contacts look similar to the
ones this tool is for.

Just accidently reversed the charge polarity on my DBMS and it shut off. Are they any known repairs for this mistake?

1 Like

I have a DieBieMS fore sale if someone is interested in they can shoot me a PM.

Me :slight_smile:

check what’s blown. might be just a resistor. then replace it

IIRC, there’s a diode for protecting the DBMS against reverse polarity.
What’s not working ?

A friend will have DieBieMS produced.
He is geting right now a quote for 50, 100 and 250 units.

Someone interested in ?

2 Likes