DieBieMS v0.9 Batch 4

v0.10 you mean.
This change, ok. However, is the current master FW compatible with this HW version ?
Most efforts seem targeted to eFoil application now.
Master branch didn’t receive any update since Sep 15, 2018

The HW change dsnt affect at all? Unless the FET is enabled via MCU.

Gotta check schematic, hold on.

1 Like

Can look into v10… Haven’t been able to reach Danny tho.

1 Like

quite slow… @ 17 pcs.

2 Likes

What is the threshold we need to hit to make this happen?

@Sam If you still making the 200 PCBs, I’d be happy to take 10 of your hands :smiley:
I’ll just get the components myself :wink:

2 Likes

I am thinking at least 100. Too little, suppliers will likely won’t bother anymore.

1 Like

If you just need pcb I can order for you anytime. send me PM.

1 Like

Maybe there would be more interest and broader appeal if there was an easily digestible description/overview of the DieBMS and why it’s better than other BMS (explain to me like I’m 5 years old). I read the description from the other forum and it just was way over my head…I only have a vague idea that it is better than other BMS.

3 Likes

IMO, this BMS is a pure piece of art.
However, it’s not maintained anymore. Last update on the FW is dated of October 2018.
(any requests I’ve made for bugfixing has been ignored).
And It can’t compile without having the expensive software suite Keil.

That’s a pity because it may achieve a lot more than a “dumb” BMS. But it’s not ATM.
Even BMS with BT app are smarter.

But still, I recommend it ! Once someone will dig into the FW and maintain it, this become a part that anyone would want in their build !

3 Likes

I know there is a vesctool compatible BMS in the works. Looks real neat and will definatly be maintained. Not sure how far in the future that is tho…

1 Like

@Sam are you in contact with @JTAG
Are there any plans for him to hop back into FW Development?

He focused on eFoil after eskate.
You can figure it out by looking the github repo activity in the branch “efoil”.

It’s been a while now. But I heard that more activity is happening presently.
We’ll see.
However, that’s sad for the DieBieMS project because all the hard work have been made on the Hardware.

Well, I saw it in action last weekend so its atleast not fictional.
But the diebie is indeed a nice piece of hardware. Too bad coding is so freaking boring.

1 Like

DieBieMS is huge and esk8 diy guys are starved for space. When they can get away with a tiny BMS, they don’t see the need to.

3 Likes

Guess you’re right…
But you have to consider the discharge ability (120A) though.

And can-bus to the vesc, and push to start, and the ability to take any charger above top voltage, and the ability to configure balancing, and the display, and it beein configurable between 2-12S and…

4 Likes

I tried to messaged him many times… but not picking up.

I sure there is a work around to setup an eclipse toolchain to do it. I might take a look if its doable, if so I’ll let you know.

Edit: What mcu is it running? I didn’t really dig deep in this project

2 Likes

Someone did that (https://github.com/BluePygmyOwl).
I couldn’t set it up properly at that time. Shoud give it another try.
I’m really interested into your feedback !