DieBieMS v0.9 Batch 4

That’s weird…
It appears from nowhere ? Or is it after a servicing/issue/setup change ?

I was riding really slow… Like 8-9km\h. Stopped to let some cars go by, and the board was off… Turned it again on pushed the acceleration just to see it off again…

It was a rough road tho. So a lot of vibrations…

I’ve opened the board, spinned the wheels and the loud puck like electric bang was heard. I’ve cought it on video…

I don’t see anything burned or missing btw now.

I’ve tried bypassing the BMS and the esc Turned on just fine.

I have a spare diebie so I will be replacing it in a few days.

Is there anyone doing diebie repairs? I would like to send this one for inspection and repair if possible.

Thanks.

I can ship it back to me take a look if you can’t find anyone local.
PM me if you need.

I repaired 3 of my own and one for @PixelatedPolyeurthan .
I’m abit swamped atm tho.

1 Like

This lill guy is hiding in the dark, so cant quite tell. But maybe I’m paranoid.

If you have a multimeter, please check, I’ve swapped it on all diebies so far, s’posed to be 15Ohm but usually fails and reads Mohm after awhile:

1 Like

Since we’re discussing defect DieBieMSs here.
I have one that shows weird behavior during (regenerative) braking. If I try to slow down to much, my brakes cut out. It is definitely the BMS because with my other DieBieMS everything is fine.
Also the display did this when the brakes stopped working.
(I’m not sure if that is related tho. I found a lose data cable on the display)

Anyone with a DieBieMS experienced something like this before?

1 Like

Those screens are very cheap and sensitive. Think I have one left that is alive.
You should try monitor the fault Diebiems for a error msg. Easiest way to find out whats wrong

Thanks. Well if I am reading this correctly this one is 723 ohm.

Switch it down to 200 Ohm on the dmm for better accuracy :slight_smile: looks like its starting to give out tho

It happens to me sometimes with a full battery (12s) My brakes still work untill I come to standstill. The voltage from the motors keep the vesc and receiver alive. Then it shuts down and I have to reboot. Prolly a voltage spike…

Any update?

I’m presuming the one I sent back never made it through the post system so will be in for a new one

On 200ohm it says overload… So this is the best I can t at the moment. Do you thinh this could be an issue?

1 Like

Then the 700 reading is prob accurate. I would swap that resistor asap. Bound to do strange things/make it go dark completely. Entire supply for the MCU goes thru that resistor

1 Like

Sign me up for 2 BMSes, Sam.

1 Like

Me too please. Tell me who to pay

Sam - just looking at time here - and manurfacturing. is 2020 realistic?

If we aren’t able to get the v0.10 changes, I’d vote for another batch of the same v0.9 from batch 3. I have three of those and they are all installed and working but need more.

Still no news on the v0.10. @JTAG.

There are repair cases related to the the changes I believe.

That’s why I am reluctant to move forward. Also not feeling too comfortable with not able to get any feedback with Danny.

So this is on hold for now.

Sam

2 Likes

Danny is alive though? :slight_smile:

1 Like