DieBieMS Troubleshooting

Just did it with some dupon. nothing battry at 35v as it’s never been charged

Iv not connected a load yet as I wanted to set it up first.

Starting to think there’s a issue with the PCB

Wired up a 2nd board and the green LED in the middle of the board stays on so faulty board is the issue nothing to do with me

The screen is helpful as it shows you messages as to why the board isnt working

Where does one purchase a diebiems?

Looking to cover the DieBieMS befor heatshrinking it

Was going to 3D print a top cover but will it melt and be a terrible idea?

• Fish Paper
  • 3D Print PLA
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

@glyphiks what’s the other suggestion surf of dirt?

Heatsink and shrinkwrap

Got a 3D serveses heatsink on the botttom but worried about the cables on top near the electronics components sharp edges wearing throu the cable insulation

1 Like

If you’ve got the heatsink you should be ok to put a cover on it no? Fishpaper might wear through if everything is gonna stay loose in there :man_shrugging:

So I was thinking about putting a couple of temp sensors on the battery and picked up 2 difrent types on eBay.

Can any one tell me any pros or cons to the ones to the thermistors below? @janpom @SimosMCmuffin @rpasichnyk @Ricco

100K Ohm Thermistor Resistor MF52 B NTC-MF52AT NTC MF52E

R@25: K100K-1%
B25/50: K3950-1%
Model: B2-100-3950
Thermistor type: MJB
(Single-ended type glass bead closure)

1 Like

Does someone know if there is an internal protection against shorts and polarity for charging?

Installed the Diebiems tool and drivers on my Mac but I can’t seem to connect. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Got these drivers?

1 Like

Yeah, installed them successfully. Further I don’t need to make a connection in the settings from the Mac?

Hmm. Not sure. For me, as soon as those drivers were installed it was all good. Maybe @JTAG can help?

No. What lights do you have on the DieBieMS I had a faulty unit that no lights came on

1 Like

One light and a second light breefly when powering on. The Vecs also turns on. So I don’t think the BMS is faulty.

It was the USB cable… :upside_down_face:

I bought the BMS off someone and there was a cable included so I was assuming it was the original one

Does someone understand the following option for temp sensors?

4char

2 Likes