Diebiebms cutout

hm, so it reads 0V if you have no charger connected? as in if you only plug the USB in without charger, it still says 0V? :male_detective:
Then something is definatly wrong.

Battery is very close to full. But nonethe less it should attempt to charge for a few seconds before it stops if it would reach top voltage too fast.

good part is that your balance legs seems to not leak current, so it doesnt kill your battery :+1:
how does this section look in your settings?

1 Like

Any chance you got a multimeter? (and a steady hand)
Could you check voltage reading on this resistor, either spot is fine, one probe should be on ground and one should be on the resistor.

1 Like

Yes, when it has no charger connected it says 0 volts. Awesome, i couldnt afford new cells in case this ones die unexpectedly so it good to know theyre not slowly depleting without me knowing.

I cant find that sections of the settings. Is it possible that i dont have it?
btw thanks for the help dude, i wish i could send you a beer :joy:

should look likes this, latest diebie tool (that i know of) is V0.27

1 Like

Yes i have a multimeter, but i will have to get it later today, i will check the reading. I assume that the battery has to be connected. You mean ground of the battery?

1 Like

Im dumb, found it

Edit: can you even see that? quality is shit on the image.

1 Like

Yea, - terminal is fine. that resistor supplies the batt+ voltage to a chip that reports current and voltage.
We looking for something around 50V to find out if it has connection to bat+ or not.

Iโ€™m not 100% certain its this chip that reports pack top voltage, could only be reporting current. Its either this chip or the LTC chip(that also does the balancing), cause I havnt looked at the code. But its one of those two. Lets start with that one.

1 Like

Okey, will check it as soon as possible

Could also do a firmware update, you never know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Reads 0 right now :frowning: i dont really know if im doing it right since it is very small, im going to look if i can measure the resistance of it

0 Volt between the resistor and ground?

1 Like

Yes, and the resistance says 10.9 oms

Just to clarify, youโ€™re meassuring voltage between any side of the resistor and the negative terminal and the resistance over the resistor?

1 Like

Can you meassure voltage from the terminal (green X in the picture) and the negative terminal?

1 Like

Yes, im putting the red side over the resistor ( one of the terminals, i tried both), and the black on the ground of the bms (pack-)

And measuring the resistance with both red and black on ths terminals of the resistors.

1 Like

Zero, lol. I have removed the fuse that was there,( since i wasnt going to use the bms on discharge anymore) should i put it back?

haha that would be helpfull yes :smiley: the BMS cant work without the fuse

1 Like

Shit, i feel so fucking dumb. Thanks for your help. i will test if everything goes smoothly.

Hopefully this picture makes sense :slight_smile: the pack voltage wont go anywhere but to power the low level electronics if only the right side screw has voltage.

More imporantly, your chargers output has nowhere to go if these two screw terminals arenโ€™t bridged

2 Likes

The voltage you saw in diebietool was most likely your chargers voltage. (should be 50.4V to charge a pack on 12S?,double check your chargers output with a multimeter)

2 Likes