Dickyho AT vs HaggyBoard AT

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to get his motors because of the price but I guess I’ll steer clear. I have no problem drilling into the truck to stop the slipping, thanks for the tip!

Can you carve with his setup?

Yeah, I mean the carving isn’t really any different from other kits, as long as you get RipTide bushings and pivot cups.

To reiterate tho, his motors aren’t horrible, they just aren’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Flipsky is more expensive but on @chrischo1996’s build they lasted forever. I think he might also have a pair that he’s tryna sell.

1 Like

Got it, thanks. What sort of hassle did you experience? Noise? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I really appreciate all your help.

No you’re good. The slipping was the hassle. I wasn’t expecting it at first. The drilling really helped tho. There isn’t really any noise.

2 Likes

Dont use solid tires. This is more than likely caused by solid tires and rough use, use pnumatic kits.

2 Likes

Do you have any recommendations for a budget friendly pneumatic kit?

You can get the mount to stop slipping on the paris trucks witbout drilling, the trick for me was to tighten down the grub screws after tightening the clamp, depending on angle a little hard. Drilling it does end all potential problems though and is super easy if you have something to mark the trucks through the hole and then take off the moint. Hole only needs to be very shallow

1 Like

My maytech 6880 phase wires are ~2.5mm thick with the rubber ting.

2 Likes

Dickyhos one, 6x2 tires with his pulley and extended paris trucks works well as a setup. You could also get boardnamics cnc trucks it actually would cost in the middle between kahunas and paris clones. The 6x2 pnumatics are almost but not quite as good as bergmeisters and they look at lot worse

1 Like

You know that phase wires are an extension of the motor winding wire and that’s not exactly thick.

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t like the looks of the wires at all.
But the motors are strong I push them daily. 12s

And the motors doesn’t get hot. It’s cold outside its 5-10 celcius.

Don’t get foold by the thickness of the wires. Cut off a pice and u may have a lot of rubber around them that looks like tick cables.

1 Like

Not even remotely close, they make your board ride like a pickup truck :rofl:
Still good value though, for how cheap and durable they are.

2 Likes

Have you ridden the dickyho setup?

What PSI are you running them on? They’re not that bad lmao

1 Like

No. I was commenting strictly on the tire difference.
Not sure what dickyho setup is. Is it airless or 6x2 pnum?

Like 45-50, I’m done with them.
Will try metroboards/evolve tires next, but so far, berg is the clear small-pnum winner for me, just not perfect since it wears so fast…

Seems about right, maybe I’m too used to them. There are different models, for sure bergs are nicer but I wouldn’t say the 6x2 ali tires ride like a truck especially after you warm up the tires they’re a blast

1 Like

That’s very reassuring to hear. I reached out to DickieHo to see if I can get a kit with pneumatic 6x2s instead of the airless tires. Thanks for the advice, I’m really looking forward to this setup!

I also ordered riptide 90a bushings for the front and back.

1 Like

How fast do they wear?
I just got some second hand in great condition but been searching for how long they last

Rear ones wear much faster, probably around 300-500 miles for me.
Will depend a lot on your riding and wheel torque.

Wow yeah thats pretty fast