Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Shouldnā€™t it only affect acceleration

As long as your system has the power to reach top speed why should it affect it

Dunno if itā€™s true but itā€™s the way I have always seen it

1 Like

thatā€™s my logic too, but real life results seem to show something entirely different

2 Likes

Thatā€™s probably cause your system canā€™t manage to acccelerate you quick enough to get you to that speed

It doesnā€™t have the required torque to get you there

The fatter you are the more air drag, tyre trag and other small things like bearings slow you down.
But, assuming you are carrying a 10kg ideal 100% aerodynamic iron bar vs a 200kg one, they should both eventually get close to the same top speed, although the heavy one will take more power (100% losses at that point) to stay there

5 Likes

Is there a magic combination that can safely make me go faster than 45km/hr and still have a decent turning angle?
Anything close to that speed and my board feels like iā€™m riding my front entrance rug through dirt dragged by a car.

Also, shock pads for caliber trucks? Anything close to that? Is it a thing? The more i ride through london the more i realise a full suspension truck kit makes better sense hereā€¦

I am looking for some of this right now and just got a 300-500 miles estimate from this post Dickyho AT vs HaggyBoard AT

ā€œRear ones wear much faster, probably around 300-500 miles for me.
Will depend a lot on your riding and wheel torque.ā€

What angle are your baseplates? My split angle boards are real stable.

2 Likes

I think 50Ā° each. I rerouted them as drop-through now and they seem way more stable in low speed maneouvering, but i gotta wait for tomorrow to really test them

Yes. Theoretically a motor should be able to get up to its rpm limit regardless of weight given enough amps.

You will see the losses start stacking up with heavier loads because youā€™re using more amps to achieve the same rpm and there are more heat losses with higher amp draws.

On the flip side, when your board is unloaded on the bench, itā€™ll pull low amps and get to top speed quickly without racking up as much heat.

@Athrx generally you want a lower angled rear plate for stability at speed. Iā€™m running 50 in the front 30 in the rear.

5 Likes
  • sanyo 20700b @ 12s6p
  • p42a @ 12s5p
  • 40T @ 12s5p
  • ???

for.a custom prototipo. which would you chose? help me decide.

molicell is spec king, makes the choice easy for ya.

Can you really fit an extra cell in in each P group if you do 20700?

1 Like

We learned not to trust specs with the Samsung 25R ( on paper, the 25R is great )

Itā€™s all about the discharge graphs and real-world usage reports :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While I canā€™t point out someone who has put these through the ringer in our application yetā€¦ only time will tell, but all discharge graphs/tests point to it being better than the 40T.

1 Like

yes, if I do something ā€œcleverā€.

I also saw 10s6p 21700s 50E from @Skaterboy58ā€™s thread in the old place.

I think with 21700s thereā€™s not enough room for two more 6p in the front compartment.

3 Likes

Is it just me or is usps taking multiple days just to scan a single itemā€¦

Or they just donā€™t scan anything at all

1 Like

it happens šŸ¤·

1 Like

Anyone has experience with a 15 degree trampa deck? If so how is it? Might have found a deal for one.

Itā€™s horrible

3 Likes

I was riding a 20Ā° tipped mtb deck and it was also sub par.

30-35Ā° is the sweet spot

Thanks for the tip, i used to have a mbs core 95 and it was fine. But i donā€™t know what angle is on there