Derelict Robot Industries

Hello! Definitely-Not-Andrew here!

It communicates with all three devices at once.

Nope. Totally different kind of device. The Usplit multiplexes the UART coming from the VESC so that multiple devices can communicate with the VESC. Any devices you plug into it are intended to communicate directly with the VESC.

The Robogotchi has multiple full-duplex UART ports, a radio module that does BLE + NRF-ESB protocol simultaneously. So it talks to the ESC, but it’s communication to the GPS unit + other devices is centered around the robogotchi itself. In this architecture, the Robogotchi becomes the main-controller and both ESCs (and other devices like GPS, LightShow, etc) become sub-controllers within that system.

Does that all make sense? Happy to expand!

16 Likes

Was it the stick figure meme with the fire?

4 Likes

Hmmmm that sounded an awful lot like Andrew-Speak!!
(and thanks for the 'splaination!!!)

7 Likes

No clue mate!

Enjoy some artwork in the meantime!

5 Likes

:confused:

:skateboard: :radio: :cloud_with_lightning: :robot: :broken_heart:

7 Likes

Not sure how my question led to an answer that led to this. But I do hope those concerns can be separated and you’ll give another go at an answer I’m still curious.

5 Likes

One question/suggestion

Since everything is connected with everything else, would be possible to show both board and remote battery on the phone battery widget?

Like this

8 Likes

That is a feature of BLE GATT service… I once looked into it when I built a diy bt speaker, but in the end I skipped that part because I am shit at coding.

The hardware and software supports it.
https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/nrf/include/bluetooth/services/bas_c.html

7 Likes

It’s something that we can look at doing, as @GeorgS said it’s a standardized BLE service.

Probably place that pretty low priority in regards to the feature list though, as we’ve been focused on the onboard always-on logging features primarily. But if it’s something we have enough people request we can certainly look at bumping it up.

We’ll be posting FreeSK8 specific updates & development discussions on our project forums:

Cheers!

12 Likes

Quietly put up some extra Haero Bro Mountainboard decks we had sitting in inventory last night. These very quickly sold out but we happen to have one deck left:

New condition, Batch 2. Listed at MRP on the dot. Flatrate $20 shipping option within the domestic US available. GONE!

13 Likes

Running a sale through the end of the month on our battery building kits:

And…Free US shipping on these here spinny things!

DIY Supply has been updated with a few items from our kits per request:

New 12s4p 21700 CompactPCB 2.0 kits arrive next week!

10 Likes

I needed those 6374s

2 Likes

Do the new 21700 kits work on the kaly style enclosures?

1 Like

They do not! We’ve got an updated 2.0 kit for that coming.

2 Likes

Roger that…sent a pm to the :duck: then about a build for kaly then :joy:

1 Like

What do you mean by “no keyway”?

2 Likes

Not very good at sharing these. Get your own Quinn.

PS: You’re getting an extra special sticker included in your order.

You know why.

12 Likes

I think he means “no key” :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I know juuuuust where to put it!

7 Likes

Size checks out.

13 Likes