Demonseed 44 Enclosure now with 42 inch goodness

Holy shit thats huge :joy:

7 Likes

Yeah too fucking ugly, couldn’t do it, started building the mould and ordered resin and cloth.
It needs space for 88 cells two escapes and a huge BMS.

4 Likes

91343124_540420453276314_3694702254394179584_n

15 Likes

Next you are going to make the mold out of this right? Do you make it a like 2-3 mm bigger to count for the thickness of the GF+resin?

1 Like

That’s a great question mate :joy: as I originally only planned to make one enclosure from this buck, i didn’t allow for that. But I did make it oversized so I had room for padding etc.

At it’s shallowest point, this buck is 27-28mm thick so it’s good enough to make a mold from and 21700s would still fit.

I will make a mold from this I’ve decided, even if nobody else ever gets a 44, I like the torture.

5 Likes

If you like torture make something beautiful with wave patterns or symbols on it :joy:

1 Like

Can you say a little more about those wheels and compare them to Kegels, Caguamas or Flywheels?

No sorry, I haven’t ridden either of those wheels.

I thought about routing some detail into the enclosure, but it’s unnecessary. It also wouldn’t suit my secret plan for this enclosure

2 Likes

man, can you help me here ^^ ? Do you think it’s the same ? (looking again this morning it looks like 28/29" on yours and could be a little bit more than 29" for the 44" one)

@glyphiks, love your new colored avatar mate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

1 Like

If @rafaelinmissouri can get us the wheelbase we will know for sure.

Wheelbase on the 44 is 904mm

1 Like

Looks like @MarkOneBoards find it !

2 Likes

Looks like you guys got it.

The 44 is a bit longer all around.
The 42 has a 33 inch wheel base.

I love love love my Demonseeds. I rode one last night and I get to spread my feet all the way out before hitting the drop.
I’m 6ft tall.

My longest board before that was the DB Paradigm at 41.
And even though I still like it if can feel a little tiny bit cramped.

https://dblongboards.com/shop/complete-longboards/paradigm-41-complete?keyword=&matchtype=b&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1Iv0BRDaARIsAGTWD1tMjgnHRqDGirzzfHd4ZK_CczQuRSfaUysiWSaJjN6aKt30yfYq7s4aAmAGEALw_wcB

3 Likes

Wax on… wax off… :rofl: getting excited for this one!

6 Likes

Here we go! Tooling coat on, gotta let it tack off and then start laying glass. Frothing.

8 Likes

Getting better at using this thick chop strand.

6 Likes

Success. Couple of tiny spots need some love, fingers crossed for no bubbles.

9 Likes

What is the tooling coat you used?

I just mix epoxy with fused silica to get a nice consistency and a little bit of pigment.

Wear a respirator if you’re gonna play with fused silica. That shit is evil.

4 Likes

Bubblebubblebubblebump.

I know your madness build has been keeping you busy, but looking forward to an update on this.

3 Likes