DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4wd

Anyone know if I turn off phase filters, should I be rerunning motor detection?

Yes

Alright should be easy enough to try, unlikely to get rid of the launch fault but maybe the other one.

is the why written somewhere you can link me too? my dumb model is we detect resistance and inductance and compute values from that so that shouldn’t change much? … but i know this is naive and have been meeting to understand better.

2 Likes

I believe you will get different resistance values upon detection with them on or off. I think it’s also important not to restore the default parameters when you do the wizard.

Alright went to I2S today, the track setup was very fast. Few turns and then big straights. I suppose it’s more similar to what will be at AVS which is a fast track.

So, I redid detection after turning off phase filters and was running 60A motors front 90A rear. Well it didn’t take long to hit some faults and then hit another fault and almost ate shit. Took a big wobble but luckily was able to ride it out. Of course once again front is faulting. And this is the scarier one that happens down the line while gunning it out of a corner, at roughly 70k rpm is when it faults, again.

That scared me enough to lower it back down to 50A and take it easy the rest of the day. Just put in the reps on the track to get used to racing.

Other things I was trying was softer bushings in the rear and looser front trucks. I definitely liked this more still need build up ankle strength for it though. But made it very fluid to flow from corner to corner. Also, ran the BRP wheels for the first time and boy do they slide, was drifting around the track. Very different from the RS tires which feels more locked in. Got to meet @MarioChacon who was slaying it out there with the super spine. He was also talking to me about the predictability of the BRPs slides and I can kind of see that. But I need more time on them and want to see them when pushing harder.

The scare made me pretty much immediately go buy a new controller, I don’t know what’s up but would like to swap it out. Since the rear is running flawless my gut just says it’s the controller. I know I could swap sides but I really don’t want to be bothered with that.

Something I can try before that is to run unrestricted FW and just bump it to 300A and see how that goes. I’m think backup my settings, change FW, restore settings, bump absolute max. :grimacing: We’ll see.

Guess, check, risk life, rinse, and repeat.

8 Likes

Ah man, it sucks to lose confidence in your board. :crossed_fingers: new controller sorts it out!

1 Like

Another thing I was chatting with @poastoast about is changing the ramp time to maybe help reduce spikes. I’m currently at .2 secs 20% expo.

1 Like

which duro?

I don’t think you want to be sliding much. you just want to be able to get to the edge of traction and control it.

some will suggest you want to slide so you can line the rear up quicker and punch out of a turn. I’m still thinking about that.

other times you’ll wanna slide to get around a tighter turn than your trucks are setup for.

3 Likes

that sounds familiar :grin:

1 Like

I don’t remember I know it’s softer in the rear or something, bought it so long ago. The course isn’t the cleanest, so skipping over cracks and debris.

Where can you find the unrestricted FW for the d100s?

Trying to find out lol

1 Like

Lmao let me know when you do

What fw are you currently running?

I’ve been running high amps on my d100s at 16s and have only been blowing up motors on 5.3

2 Likes

I updated to 6.03 hoping it’d be better. What you mean blowing up motors lol

1 Like

Melting copper windings lmao

2 Likes

I assume it’s 50/45 front/rear. if you had the harder duro’s you’d know. it’s either special order or the RT/70s with the grooves. (which very slide )

1 Like

That’s a bonus with split ppm. You can turn up the ramping on the front only.

I know you swapped to brps but did you find the landsurfs to be grippier than the meepos?

Whaaaat lol. And that’s only in 5.03 for some reason?

Huh didn’t even think about changing it separately that wouldn’t feel weird?

Imma still be running the land surf 90% of the time and would say I find them grippier than the Meepos, but it’s somewhat close. Meepo definitely have a soft compound or something. You have them now too right? Have you had a chance to run them?

That’s all I’ve tried.

I’ve blown motors this way at both 125A and 170A

May finally buy some radium motors and see if 170A can be my new daily setting

2 Likes