DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4wd

Both inside and outside, but inside wears a tad faster than outside.

Lol. Yeah you probably right. Interesting that the tire doesn’t just squash evenly at slightly low psi.

1 Like

sidewalls add pressure at low psi. 40-45 psi might not totally fix it, but i bet you’d wear the tires more evenly at higher pressure.

edit, I wrote this kinda fucked up. sidewalls obviously don’t add pressure in PSI. they stiffen up the outside of the tire so it wears faster if you’re at lower psi

1 Like

damnit words are hard. by side I meant side of board. not side of tire. :slight_smile:

Skill issue. Get some practice in with current mode and build your throttle control skills. Everything will be ok

1 Like

Shit fix/not a fix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

broom!

Set the maximum reverse ERPM to -5k or -10k. You’ll surprise reverse burnout WAAAAAYYYYY less.

3 Likes

#onlyfix

1 Like

Used to do this on my kart… Simple way too

1 Like

@YUTW123 any updates or progress on this braking issue with the d100s?

1 Like

Id have to open them up again and check but I did notice 2 of my tyres have a flatter profile than the others. It may be the ones I used 150x50 tubes instead of bunching up the 165’s

Yeah 100 I’ll trrrrrry to remember today.

Oh gotcha haven’t been paying as much attention to this lately. I’m at point where I’m just going to wear it down and not care too much. Only new thing I noticed was rears obviously wear faster than front. So I’ve rotated them at least once.

I’m not saying it isn’t but here’s my observation on why I don’t think it is. Before it would let go and the board would just roll right, say gives up at 2-3 mph or whatever. Then it just rolls until I stop some other way. Now however, instead of letting go and rolling it starts to apply reverse immediately. So, could I let off and apply less reverse sure but then I’m just back at the original problem and might as well have stayed on Hyst reverse. The problem being there’s truly no way to apply hard brakes to come to a close to complete stop. You’ll always have to use reverse to some degree to aid in stopping.

I’ve already done this.

3 Likes

have you tried going even lower? like -1k erpm? I haven’t tried it, but imagine it would work.

1 Like

Tell me I’m stupid but I’m thinking of running 12/11T pinions in the front just to have better brakes.

1 Like

I tried -2k and it didn’t.

I’m hoping with the 11t pinions and 4gs gears when they arrive helps.

2 Likes

Tbf i have zero experience with the d100s, so it may behave differently than what i’m used to.

1 Like

I have not, I could try and who needs reverse on race board anyways lol.

So tonight I was a goddamn drifty boi. Just sliding around all over the place and falling too lol. Couple reasons. One pretty sure turning hard around the hairpin and slowing down a ton initiates rear burnout due to full current. That imitated the drift much more easily. I switched back to hyst reverse and immediately felt confident enough to lay down a better time. Upping the brake expo helped a little bit.

Two my tires are cooked.

So what to do with cooked tires, burnouts of course :sunglasses:

But after warming up my tires, it may be dumb, but @ARCTIC i think I have maybe one, maaaaaybe even two more sessions left in these tires lol. I’ll just have to warm them up properly.

Anyways despite being a drifty boi we did improve our T-Race times. Looser setup definitely helped. New shoes helped. Squaring the links idk, maybe helped.

10 Likes

I’ve got a brand new set of those tires I’m about to post if you’re wanting another set after those are done.

1 Like

I already have another set since I knew this day would come sooner than later lol. But if the price is better than the sale going on right now lmk.

2 Likes