Decks with integrated enclosures

Hi, I’ve pretty much just about finished up my new build, and I’m already planning another one! This is for a few months in the future, but what are some decks with integrated enclosures?
I really like the omni esk8 carbon deck and I’ve also seen the octopus deck, but what are some other options?
Here are the parts I plan to use

• 12s4p molicel p42a flat pack. DIY built and the size is around 440x170x25mm.
  • Radium r6 trucks or Boardnamics 220mm hangers with their precision adjustable baseplate
  • Makerx DV6s
  • Omni esk8 140mm airless tires or similar size

Main reason why I’m looking for one with an integrated enclosure is because it just looks cleaner and it’s also easier to build in. Thanks in advance!

Also, as a subquestion. Has anyone used the omni esk8 h5/h11 hub? I’m thinking of picking them up for belt drive but I can’t seem to find much info on people that have used omni esk8 stuff. One of the reasons why I was thinking of going the BN220s is so I can use the 10-8 stepped axles to properly use the wheels as it has a 10mm bearing on the pulley side.

1 Like

I’ve worked with Omni parts. Run the other way, they’re junk.

2 Likes

Noted. However I’m curious to what makes you say that? I’ve set on the omni h5 hub + 140mm airless as they’re the perfect size and profile for me, and the h5 hubs as they come with a gear ratio I like & CNC goodness. Tho, the deck I’m not sure. I like it for it’s features.

The Omni drivetrain I was working with was designed and machined by a team of monkeys. Nothing fit right, tolerances sucked, and it rode like shit

1 Like

That’s quite the shame. Especially for the price those things go for. I may change the hubs then! I’d rather not have the wheels assembled and end up with an oval lol

Esk8 is a big game of “you get what you paid for”, especially for stuff you get from China. Machined parts aren’t automatically good.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve learnt that lesson buying shit off Aliexpress. Aliexpress is the true game of ‘you get what you pay for’. I’m quite new to esk8 and having a lot of trouble finding shit that suits my needs. I’m looking for wheel upgrades at the moment, where I thought that the omni 140mm airless would be perfect but I’m having second thoughts. I’ll have a look see for wide airless tires that have a flat profile for grip. Cheers for your replies!

Airless tires are not ideal, especially for grip. I also have some safety concerns for them as I’ve seen 150mm airless tires explode at high rpm. Would recommend either getting some 150mm pneumatics with stiff sidewalls so you can ride them flat (cough cough bkb) or 5" Hoyt kegel wheels if you want something small, premium, and super grippy.

1 Like

Ah yep. I’ve got the 150mm AT tires & hubs from evolve at the moment. I have a rather sketchy solution of ziptying the hub to the pulleys as I couldn’t fit it properly even with the BN270 hanger + 10-8 stepped axles that I picked up from Rafa(awesome guy). The main thing I don’t like about 150mm is I still get a bit of wheel bite. I think this has to do with how the landyachtz deck is a bit wide and not meant for bigger wheels. I also wouldn’t want to mess with pneumatics even with the advantages they give. I don’t intend to go faster than 50kph or so. I’ve also just checked the hoyt kegels and did a double take. 200k krw(150us) for 1 wheel + hub + pulley??

The set of four is more reasonable, but they’re quite expensive yeah.

2 Likes

New Mboards Nova 6” tires would also suit your needs. Nice flat profile with plenty of rubber.

That would be great if it was a tiny bit smaller… I’ll keep that thing in mind tho!

Just saw that they wouldn’t work for you, sorry about that. MAD will be coming out with a 125mm version of his urethane wheels pretty soon I think, right @fujio001 ?

2 Likes

Integrated enclosure, like this?

New but dusty, was a poorly planned purchase and my build went another direction. I decided I can’t live without flex.

I can take a billion pictures and get dimensions from it if you want? I think it’s still for sale new on their website. Selling cheap so dm if interested but i can show you all the details regardless as a lack of details is why i never used it.

Yep that’s the land cruiser deck right? I was looking at that and it was pretty sweet. That was one of my first choices too but unfortunately boundmotor does not ship to Korea and I’m a little concerned on the shipping cost of the thing lol. I’m also running a bit low on funds… It is awesome and I would love to get it tho.

Working on it right now.

5 Likes

Well if you do decide on a boundmotor deck the flash i have easily fits a 14s4p p42a with room for vesc and bms. I think they have a newer one that fits a large battery but I don’t know their products well. The deck is very good quality but their grip tape left a lot to be desired. The factory applied tape doesn’t fit correctly and pops up and off in a few spots due to the curves of the deck

1 Like

Yeah Boundmotor octopus deck was my first choice when I originally planned for a 12s3p deck. Until I found out they don’t ship to Korea. You reckon if I give them an email they’ll make an exception? It’s pretty much exactly what i’m looking for. The flash deck that you’ve got would be my first choice now that I’ll be using a 12s4p pack.

1 Like

One of my local riders having issues with the gears wearing out super fast. Not sure if you had that issue too.

Radium’s coming out with new 125mm rubber wheels too! I do like the 125mm size. The one that MAD’s making looks awesome too but I personally much prefer rubber for the additional grip. I don’t care too much about range as I don’t travel too far. Just need as much grip for acceleration & emergency braking.

1 Like