Deck Suggestions

I think just the sides.

ok, could a normal drill go through that?

actually what i think would work well would be a yardstick, i could spraypaint it black so it looks better

I just drilled holes through the metal support, enclosure, and deck to mount it with screws. Without the supports it had cracked at 4/6 areas of the abs where the bolts were at. I have had no problems since but it does make it more cumbersome when you need to open it up.

ok i think im going to do it anyway though, its worth the extra 5 min it would take to take it apart so that it actually works properly

Maybe try coating the enclosure with bedliner?

2 Likes

thats also a really good idea

Also, it’s a good idea to mount your electronics to the deck with velcro instead of letting them rest in the bottom of the enclosure. It will reduce the stress placed on it.

1 Like

Don’t use an oven that will be used for food

2 Likes

I have a few decks if you want, I have a koston 38in for 30$

1 Like

That is a strategy a lot of folks use, but a large number of folks also don’t do that, and mount everything to the enclosure. It depends what you want and what enclosure you have

4 Likes

i found a deck but thanks

Abs/Kydex : velcro to the deck

Skinned Abs/Fiberglass/Carbon fiber : can do either.

This is what Ive always thought was true.

1 Like

i plan to velcro the best i can to the deck but i doubt it can hold my heavy battery

1 Like

Heavy duty velcro is the shit.

It can deffinitly hold ur battery.

1 Like

alrighty

Not always, ask me how I know.

1 Like

I have both this(link below) deck and skateshred. The skateshred is a bit more stiff, but they both have the same number of layers. I do like the slight flex. I have ridden this budget skater deck for about 300km. It’s also wide enough for my 5P battery pack. The best part is that it costs <$40 shipped.

1 Like

looks really clean but in not sure if i would have enough clearance

Yeah, if you use pneumatics, it’s perfect. But with thane even 110mm it wouldn’t provide enough clearance.