Deck Extension?

@glyphiks 3/16-1/4" I typed up there but fixed it

2 Likes

Hmm… could be cool to wedge/dewedge the deck while i’m doing this…

6 Likes

Stop it Nancy! Sandwich it and be done lol.

I mean you could all out and have a piece of aluminum cut for the shape you want and, oh yeah, sand which it!

2 Likes

Lol, i need to work with what I’ve got bro. This is the apocalypse build :laughing:

3 Likes

I didnt say it was a feasible idea lol. You said “other ideas”.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I knew I could count on you Bret :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I don’t like it for structural support. I’d say you can drill and pin into the deck from the cut edge, sort of dowel pin a block replacement and then epoxy and FG.
Or make something metal.

2 Likes

You gonna top mount the deck? Or re cut the drop through

Will be top mount bro. I think the sandwich idea is the way forward

3 Likes

Would you wedge down and use it in the back?

Oh or do it to both sides?

Interesting idea, with metal plates there wouldn’t be a strength issue too.

I cracked my deck, fixed it with fiberglass and rode it for another 1000km no problemo haha
It wont be weaker than it is now

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll do any wedging, I can always use proper wedges late if i want to.

2 Likes

Or Make some with good angles.
My ghetto angled riser project :joy:

3 Likes

Id route an extra 1/2inch more around the opening on top maybe 2-3 layers deep…for extra leverage for the epoxy . So it has a lip to stick too, instead of just a straight channel fill. Hell maybe even top and bottom.

Crude drawn elevation view
Red= bolt holes
Green= epoxy
Blue=deck

4 Likes

This is an excellent idea! I like this better than doweling!

3 Likes

Dude, nice! What are they made of? I’ve got some urethane here to play with, gonna make cable risers out of it for my neo build.

3 Likes

The bottom slice of the sandwich will be ready in the morning :ok_hand: should be about 2mm thick.

1 Like

Actually… i’m pretty sure I have a slot cutting router blade somewhere… a single slot in the middle would be :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You will have multiple stress risers across one section of the board at the edge of your fiberglass doubler. The edge of the doubler, the narrowing of the board and the start of the cutout are all on the same line. This is likely to be the site of a future failure. Extend the doubler onto the wider part of the board if you can.

2 Likes