David's PSYCHOFRAME

I am building 6 rain water retention basins, I sure hope they attract a wild pscyoframe, I’d love to see my work used that way.
The medium that is specked is different here I suspect. It is designed to retain hydrocarbons/filter the water, gets replaced every so often. The one I finished in Oakland is huge, sadly never have I seen anything so cool running around in it. Now there is hope( it’s at San Pablo ave at Mac Arthur,) just in case you get kicked out .
If I see you in it , I’ll turn up in a cat 375 and defend you from mall cops, homeless and feral Karen’s.

5 Likes

Really cool !! I hope you come to some JRCV ride in france to show off your beast, all the MTBs will look tiny next to this

1 Like

Thats a pretty low reduction for 20s but also you’re using in runners so everything I know goes out the window lol

4 Likes

With correct gear ratio and correct wheel size :grin: :

MOTOR CURRENT 200 AMP
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM CURRENT 420 AMP
BATTERY CURRENT 250 AMP

Fuck poor video quality on YouTube…

3 Likes

@DavidC
What current settings ended up working for your VESC 100/250? Are there any official maximum save settings?

1 Like

It’s only terrible quality for about 15 minutes or less, until their ETL software goes through and does its thing.

1 Like

My settings :

• MOTOR CURRENT 200 AMP
  • ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM CURRENT 420 AMP (you can not set higher without no_limit firmware)
  • BATTERY CURRENT 250 AMP

With 235 amp as motor and battery current I got some ABS_OVER_CURRENT but I have switched from FW5.1 to FW5.2 after that.

Jens aka nowind from E-TOXX settings with VESC 75/300 : 300 amp as motor and battery current, 500 amp as absolute max.

VESC-Tool advises to use 116 amp as motor current after FOC detection.

2 Likes

@ mr.shiteside

Today I’ve done almost the same ride in the same place with my TRAMPA-FS SGD AWD mountainboard :

• 2x FSESC 6.6 DUAL controllers
  • 4x ESKATING.EU 6374 190kv motors
  • 4x TURNIGY GRAPHENE PANTHER 6000mAh 6S 75C battery packs
  • 12S
  • ACKMANIAC 3.102 firmware due to repeated ABS_OVER_CURRENT faults with VESC firmware 4.1 at the time
  • 10 inches wheels

Consumption was 25.8 Wh/km per dual ESC (no can between them / 2 receivers), so global consumption is about 52 Wh/km compared to the 86 Wh/km of the PSYCHOFRAME.

I was quite surprised that I could access the same areas. Tyres are only 1 inch smaller but PSYCHOFRAME tyres are way wider! Sure this point has an impact on consumption.

Biggest issue with with 4x tiny 6374 build is the lifespan of the kingpin bushings inside the TRAMPA VERTIGO trucks. I’ve killed them once more on rear truck. I’ve got to change them almost every two rides. It takes a while to change them. Maybe I’ll switch to TRAMPA-IR trucks these days to get rid of that problem.

5 Likes

I needed wheel bags to allow the monster to slide on the floor (because of locked differential), and store it with dirty wheels in the living rooom.

I could not find 11 inches wheel bags, anywhere…

First version :

Second version :

30-30-10cm suits perfectly these 11x4,5-5 inches wheels!

:grin:

18 Likes

Nice, love your kid in the pic! Kids are the best ever, soon they are 13 & 15, taller than you and pick you up for fun.
Luckily for me it will take,3000,clones to ever beat the original Homer(or so I tell the clones,not sure why they are already bigger than the original Homer,disturbing!)

1 Like

Im sure that slides fine, but you can add appliance slider feet thingys to make it slide better if needed . (Sorry if I got to Technical with terminology)

1 Like

To help everybody to avoid that kind of issue!

Something awful happened :

Two pins of a balance plug touched the metal part of a micro-USB port and shorted this way!

This is how a healthy micro-USB port looks :

USB port has been blown, and the balance pins have been blown too!! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I won’t be able to use this USB port obviously but both VESCs work! :money_mouth_face:

Il don’t know about the two lipo cells involved, I have to check. I hope the pins were good fuses…

I should have been more cautious about my cable management, but this was bad luck!

14 Likes

Hey David!

Do you have any recommendations where to best get them in the EU? I found a shop in the UK, but maybe you have an other suggestion.

1 Like

Here i buy mine, fast shipping, German Shop

5 Likes

Sweet, perfect!
Thx Jens!

3 Likes

I wonder what is the KV of these QSMOTOR MID DRIVE 2000W.

According datasheet below :

Then KV should be around 80 (to achieve 70 km/h at 72V with gear ratio 4.77 and 12 inches wheels) :

But with a KV of 80 my PSYCHOFRAME should go at max speed 66.4 miles/hour what is 106.9 km/h !? :

I checked my METR logs and at duty cycle 100% that I have never reached I don’t see the thing go at such speed…

I run a 20% throttle curve.

2 Likes

when i had a look at them when jens first used them it puzzled me too. i think there is a way in vesc tool to work it out.
or you could jack up your frame full throttle it and check top speed and use trial and error in the calc.

2 Likes

That thing is next level build. It’s like a compact Monster Truck.

3 Likes

Per their discription of 2800rpm/72v and 4400rpm/72v. The kv is 38kv without flux weakening and up to 61kv with flux weakening.

I think their discription is with 12 inch wheel but they are assuming a tire is included to get the speed they claim.Very strange how they describe their motors.

The motors are designed for flux weakening so thats some untapped potential, not sure how safe that is on vesc.

2 Likes