DAVEGA X Updates

Aw yeah :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s Czech Republic, not Kazakhstan

Looking good @janpom, specially the multiple VESC support

6 Likes

I’m looking for someone to test the new glass screen protector. This is actual glass. So far DAVEGAs have been shipped with acrylic screen protectors. Acrylic is more durable than glass but it’s also very prone to scratching. When I pre-assemble DAVEGAs, if for whatever reason the screen protector requires cleaning, I just toss it in the bin directly since it’s impossible to clean it while keeping the pristine condition. Even microfiber cloth leaves (small) scratches.

The glass is much better in this respect and I believe it will retain pristine look for pretty long. On the other hand, it may crack more easily. I’d like to test how much it will endure. Basically I’m looking for someone who will manage to break it while riding. :slight_smile: I’ve been using mine for a few dozen kilometers and it’s been holding up well so far. I don’t ride too hard though and I never jump.

Any volunteers? MTB guys would be best. @Creavenger maybe? @Saturn_Corp?

Note that you’ll need to replace the protector on your DAVEGA which is a bit tedious.

Should any DAVEGA get damaged due to a cracked screen protector while testing, it will be replaced at my expense.

9 Likes

If you don’t find anyone closer to you to test, I’ll test for ya. Would even just pay for 3 to replace my existing ones.

2 Likes

Sounds good, untill now my screen is still fairly nice. I tried to refrain from wiping the screen when I can and blow it clean with air, so atm it still looks decent. I would be open to try out a new screen, although I dont ride as much recently, since the weather is rubbish so if you want more hardcore testing fast maybe another person would be more suited? Anyway it would motivate me to ride more :wink: plus shipping would be fast to The Netherlands I suppose. What glue do you use to glue the glass onto the case btw?

3 Likes

You can ship mine with glass, I can test it for you. Everyday rider here :wink:

1 Like

I’m Up for it too if you still need testers

How thick is the glass?

I’m mounted solid too so no rubber under my davega

1 Like

Can help out with a test here! Also would like to purchase a longer uart cable, two birds one stone?

The older revision board but the case is the same I think

4 Likes

It’s roughly 1.1mm. It’s a hair thicker than the acrylic, probably some 0.05mm. That doesn’t really make any difference.

Some pics here side by side with the acrylic. The glass has a simpler shape since it’s more difficult to cut. That’s not a problem at all though.

2 Likes

I use double sided rubber tape. It makes the installation easy and clean. It also seals really well. It’s just a bit annoying to remove when you need to replace the protector. It’s not too bad though. I will include some in everyone’s testing package.

I will also make a vid with a few tips on how to apply the tape. It’s pretty straightforward but there are a few things you may not realize when using it for the first time.

2 Likes

I would totally test it if i had a davega :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Creavenger @magharees @Soho1212 @mackann @SeanHacker

Here’s an important educational video for you. I hope you enjoy the commentary with my wunderbar Slavic accent. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

what about butyl tape instead?

1 Like

Never heard of it. I’ll read up on it. Thanks!

I hope it doesn’t mean I have to redo the video! :smile:

Edit: Butyl tape looks nice but it seems that finding one that’s 2mm wide will be challenging. Also, the tape used in the video is pretty good. I filled the area above the screen protector with water and let it sit over night. It didn’t leak.

3 Likes

Very nice commentary :rofl: reminds me a bit of prusa or cnc kitchen videos :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I have always thought their pronunciation was terrible. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yours is better and the accent sounds cool :wink:

1 Like

Received today, I’ll try and get it fitted tonight

4 Likes

Don’t know if it’s just me but display looks sharper

9 Likes

Has there been a fix for the screen wigging out while riding?

1 Like