DAVEGA X Updates

Check your cable, can come loose after time, hot glue it on if you can

4 Likes

I’ll give it a shot, thanks! This isn’t similar to the issues other had between the 3.3v on unity and the 5v discussion?

1 Like

2021 DAVEGA X kits are coming soon (ETA ~2 weeks :crossed_fingers:).

These are so easy to assemble that anyone can do it; no excuses accepted. :slight_smile: No more soldering. Easy and clean screen protector installation. There’s even a 3D-printed tool in case somebody doesn’t have the right kind of wrench.

Plus, glass screen protectors are now included. Much less prone to scratching than acrylic and should hold up just fine unless you’re @rich. :laughing:

Pre-assembled units will no longer be sold. The rationale is that if you can’t assemble the kit, I can’t see how you would manage to install the DAVEGA on your board. I’m thinking of compiling a list of folks who would be willing to provide the installation service to non-DIY peeps so that they’re not left out.

While some parts still come from China (probably inevitable), most of the manufacturing is now moved to the Czech Republic:

• aluminum parts made here in Brno
  • laser engraving done by a guy in the next door office :slight_smile:
  • cables made by a company in Písek
  • glass protectors made by a glass shop in Klatovy
  • PCB soldering and QC all done by me personally

Here’s a quick overview of the new kit with the commentary by everyone’s favourite myself. :nerd_face:

(Direct link in case the vid doesn’t load: https://youtu.be/8hEULHG3yvI.)

23 Likes

Am I able to buy a glass protector for a Davega I already own?

Yes, I’ll be offering screen protector sets.

• 2 pcs acrylic, 1 pc glass at 7 EUR
  • 3 pcs acrylic, 2 pcs glass at 10 EUR

These will be practical for shipping since the glass can be interleaved with the acrylic increasing its chances to survive the shipping greatly.

Please PM me if interested.

Edit: I can also include 1 meter tape for 2 EUR. If you don’t mind waiting, you can order a full 10 meters spool from AliExpress for even less – the 2 mm is what you need.

6 Likes

Am I dumb or is there not currently a place to order online?

At the very bottom of the page is a buy button but it leads to this

2 Likes

The mobile version of the web only has the purchase link at the bottom (mental note to self to fix it). The desktop version is better.

Nevertheless, I haven’t been taking new orders since December so that I can catch up with the old orders and prepare a new e-shop with a 21st century customer experience. I’m almost there. Aiming to launch Feb 1.

9 Likes

:call_me_hand: :+1:

Makes sense, will be keeping an eye out

Is there any difference in the software or the fuctionalities with the normal Davega ?

The new units will ship with the latest firmware. There have been significant developments. It will be possible to update all the existing units as well though.

There haven’t been any changes to the hardware.

3 Likes

God I’m so glad I bought 2 of them when I did.

How do we update our Davegas ?

I’ll put the instructions on the website and here as well once I’ve done enough testing. Testing is on hold now due to bad weather.

The update is already available though. If anyone would like to install it earlier, please PM me and I’ll add you to the beta test group.

1 Like

Oh hell yes. Didn’t have any scratches on my acrylic glass yet.

Didn’t ride hard enough :crazy_face:

Not for now :face_with_head_bandage:

Well done :ok_hand:t2: Happened while riding? Get better quick!

Big thanks to @janpom for providing a custom DavegaX to the winner of BOTY 2020! Excellent prize from a community legend.

Thanks, man!

13 Likes

Legends are telling, that flashable custom splash screens by a user are right around the corner. Who knows that?:thinking:

4 Likes

Man, your product is just on another level.
Build quality, all the small parts included, amazing software, etc… I already LOVE it ! Thank you for your work.
Why don’t everyone have it on their board ?!

6 Likes