DAVEGA X Updates

Damn…I have 2 Davega, one 5v, one 3.3v and three LTT bms’ all with the non compatible BLE… :weary:

2 Likes

Does their compatibility have anything to do with age? or is that unknown as of now

LLT makes changes pretty regularly and doesn’t inform anyone, is there a possibility that the one that doesn’t work is from a newer BMS?

Yeah mine is a newer bms so are probably right.

The bluetooth modules aren’t expensive to swap out. I paid AUD$19, it’s making sure to order one that works is the tricky part as there is a few different versions out there of the same module.

2 Likes

Does the Davega show when the VESC is doing any sort of current limiting? (thermal throttle, hitting voltage cut-offs, etc)

better late than never? welp im always late anyway.

3 Likes

Not unless a VESC fault is triggered. VESC faults do get shown and they are sticky. You get an alarm screen with blue and red flashing.

2 Likes

Awesome! I kinda wish you were late at this point but unfortunately it looks as though it won’t be possible for people to be late for this any time soon.

I’ll send you the 10% discount code. Please PM when you’re ready to order something with a custom laser engraving. You can also get 10% off on Metr from @rpasichnyk.

3 Likes

Sorry for replying out of context. I’m a new user to the forum and seem to lack the ability to create a new post just yet.

I just received a new “DaVega” and am installing into a Trampa with 2 x VESC 6 Mk5’s. The fist comm port is in use by wand / BT. Can I connect the DaVega to the free com port on the second VESC or is a splitter required?

2 Likes

Thats totally fine dude

1 Like

Sure, you can connect it to the COMM on the other VESC. No splitter needed. I suppose your two VESCs are on the same CAN bus. In that case DAVEGA will give you the data from both regardless of to which it is directly connected.

Thank you,

Is there a place to be able to see what every number means?

For instance, in session, I’m not sure what the 18.4 and 22.6 mean near the Wh/m numbers.

left side and right side, sum up to the total of 41.0
(I assume first is master side second is slave side, but not sure)

3 Likes

Ah this makes sense. Now interesting that they’re not equal…

Hmm. Both sides are at the same settings. Could that be a belt tension thing or that I carve one way more or something?

They’re similar enough that I wouldn’t worry about it. Could be belt tension, could be worse or better motor / wheel / pulley bearings, could be you carving more, who knows :smile:

I would be more concerned if one motor was noticeably heating up more than the other.

2 Likes

Roger that. Will keep an eye on em.

There’s a VESC bug. The Wh/Ah in/out values for individual motors are reported with some bias, though they do add up to a correct value (or at least so it seems since DAVEGA range projections that depend on the sum value are accurate). I have reported the issue to Benjamin long ago but it’s probably not a high priority. I guess I should only show the sum until the issue is fixed since I do see how this is confusing.

7 Likes

Firmware v5.05 released

# v5.05 | 2022-10-10
- support for VESC FW v6.0
- minor LLT BMS fixes
- fix: ignore CAN ping response from Ennoid BMS
- fix: DAVEGA freezes when a button is pressed while riding

Anyone running v5.04, please update to prevent occasional DAVEGA freezing. Button press may be triggered if you hit an obstacle.

2 Likes

Why would you ever implement such a feature?