DAVEGA X Updates

It was implemented in v5.04 but people don’t seem to appreciate it so I’m removing it again. :slight_smile:

In a rush to put my enclosure back on and I turned the ribbon wire into Swiss cheese… It actually worked for about a 100 meters before it shorted the board. My board powered back on, but the Davega didn’t (even after repairing the ribbon) . Pretty sure I killed it… Any chance that I can get it working again?

1 Like

So after further research, I think I fried the shared fuse in my ppm and uart ports and could explain why the Davega is not turning on… Or maybe I torched both by continuing to ride another 12 miles the night it happened… This is turning into quite the expensive pooch screw…

Sorry for not responding. I read your previous message when I wasn’t able to write back and then I forgot about you.

You should test the DAVEGA with another VESC. I don’t quite see how the short should kill it. I believe the short should merely cut DAVEGA’s power input.

Nevertheless, should it be damaged, please PM me and I’ll give you a discount on replacement electronics.

1 Like

You’re right… I’m an idiot. I some how got the pins confused on the Davega when I fixed the ribbon. It’s working perfectly again.

2 Likes

Hi @janpom - are 5.06rc and 5.06rc2 beta firmwares?

RC stands for release candidate, so yes.

2 Likes

I have my Davega on a battery box with the screen horizontal. There was a slight issue with not enough space when trying to view two different options example: speed & motor t. This latest version fixed it.

2 Likes

Yes, the v5.06rc2 actually only contains this specific bug fix.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the help.

2 Likes

I’m using a pre-owned davega x 1.0 on a new board. I don’t see any “factory reset” options in the menu.

How do I reset the lifetime data to start from 0?

Hold all 3 buttons while booting up.

(User Guide - DAVEGA)

2 Likes

What does the new v5.06rc3 come with?

I just updated the CHANGELOG. There’s nothing ground breaking.

Thanks for the info.

Just curious would it be hard to put a battery %, like the one on the BSM screen, in the top right corner of the main screen by the wh/mil. It would be right there at a glance without having to change screens.

It wouldn’t be hard but I prefer not to do it. There’s already the battery indicator at the bottom of the screen. While it doesn’t provide the same accuracy as a percentage number, keep in mind the percentage is just an estimate so you should interpret as a ballpark (roughly ±5%). With this in mind, there’s not much extra value over the battery indicator. Plus, you always have the range estimate as well.

2 Likes

Just tried the latest rc against a llt 18s bms manufactured in 2020, while it scans it does momentarily communiate and lights up the ble in doing so but fails to interface. Metr pro on the other uart does manage to talk to it & render cell balancing.

@janpom If I can help with logging lmk

Np, I ended up doing the estimate visually like you said.

Metr module actually doesn’t talk to the BMS. The connection is established directly from the mobile app.

Can you please describe in more detail what exactly happens on DAVEGA? Do you get any BMS data at all, at least momentarily? Do you get any errors on the DAVEGA display?

Maybe this helps(sorry for lack of quality, hitting road for a trip & not back till NY)
Makes a connx then reboots & doesn’t find it?

Maker-X D75 f/w:5.3
DaveGA X V1.0 (5.06rc3)
LLT BMS manufactured Jul 2020 (f/w 25 according to XiaoxangBMS app)

• default PIN : 000000
    MAC: F7:42:C9:38:C1:A4

I don;t see the BMS MAC listed but it definitely causes the LED on the BLE adapter to light up just before DaveGA reboots

fug it here is a closeup