DAVEGA X Updates

I don’t even have a need for one of those things but seeing all your content makes me want one :rofl: nice work as always Jan :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Looks like a time consuming job, but damn, looks sexy :smiley:

2 Likes

Same :rofl:

2 Likes

What data is displayed when using a dual vesc?

Both combined

Meaning on the data screens, it adds both values for data like amps and wh?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Depends on the firmware version. In the latest, the field is split into multiple smaller fields and shows a value for each VESC/motor.

2 Likes

@Dunkan, could you please check whether it’s any better with the latest firmware (v5.04rc2)? Once you install that one, DAVEGA will only look at the motor 1 data for energy discharged/recharged and will interpolate for the total number of motors. That should give you better consumption/range estimates. If it doesn’t get better you can return to the original behavior by setting Misc > interpolate energy = disabled.

1 Like

Awesome! will try that asap
Thanks

1 Like

@janpom it’s better! Much more accurate range estimates. The only thing is the refresh rate is pretty slow, I don’t know if it’s my set-up, but i will accelerate and the screen stays stuck on 5kph even though im at like 30, and it takes a good 4-5 seconds to update

1 Like

Great that the range projection improved. Regarding the refresh rate issue, are you sure that’s actually related to the firmware update? Have you tried if it goes away if you downgrade to the previous version?

That sounds more like a VESC communication issue. DAVEGA is having hard time getting responses from the VESC and thus it takes long to get a screen update. That could be a hardware problem – cable connector coming loose, or cable being pinched somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah that’s not new, its always been like that for me

Also

11 Likes

Do you use any other telemetry device such as Metr or Robogotchi?

Please check the cable is connected properly. Maybe try another cable if possible.

:laughing: Made my day.

4 Likes

Yeah I might need to try another cable.
No other telemetry at the moment, I’m about to install a robogotchi though

Will ANT BMS support be available sometime in the future?

This is the first time I’m hearing about that one. It doesn’t seem to have CAN so it could only be connected to via Bluetooth, same as the LLT BMS. The LLT BMS bluetooth module doesn’t support multiple connections so you can either have DAVEGA or the mobile app connected but not both, which is a bit clunky. I imagine the ANT would come with the same limitation. It could still probably be done if there’s interest.

Support Ukraine and get custom laser engraving +10% off

I’m offering custom laser engraving on aluminum parts, 10% discount, and an extra pack of Haribo bears (!!!) to anyone who provides financial support to Ukraine.

Edit: You now also get 10% off in the metr.at shop.

Any donations of 25 EUR or above count. Can be direct donations to Ukrainian government / armed forces or to any humanitarian organisation who actively helps in Ukraine. Past donations done on Feb 24th 2022 or later count.

Share any evidence of the donation in this thread to qualify. Censoring sensitive personal data is OK. If you came here from IG and have no forum account, send the evidence to me via IG, Telegram (@janpom), or email (jan@davega.eu), and I will post it here on your behalf. Sharing info about donations motivates others to donate.

How can I donate?

There are a number of ways. One I can personally recommend is the local organisation People In Need that I’ve been supporting long term.

This website lists many other options:

https://www.stojimezaukrajinou.cz/en

How do I get the discount?

I’ll PM you the discount code.

How do I get the laser engraving?

Please PM me and we’ll sort out the details. I currently have blank housings in these colors:

• black
  • red
  • blue

X-brackets in all colors available in the e-shop can be laser engraved, except for the raw. (My diode laser does not have enough power to do it.)

How do I prepare the graphics for the engraving?

I will help you with that. No worries. If you have an image/logo you’d like engraved, best if you can send it to me in a vector format (svg, eps, pdf), but I can convert/vectorize other formats as well. If you just have an idea and no experience with graphical software, just tell me the idea and I’ll see what I can do.

Before running the laser, I will send you a preview for approval. It will look something like this:

Examples of branded/personalised parts

31 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Kudos Jan, really nice initiative.

7 Likes