DAVEGA X Updates

I’m working on an adapter for the Kaly boards, which don’t use the standard truck bolt pattern and thus the DAVEGA baseplates don’t work.

Here’s what the prototype looks like:

The idea is you use it as an adapter for the angled baseplate that gets attached to the M5 threaded holes using short M5 countersunk bolts:

Then everything aligns perfectly.

Alternatively, the adapter can be used as a baseplate and the housing is attached to the M3 threaded holes (photos credit Fredrik Jouper):

Then there’s a little bit of a misalignment since the profile of the bottom side of the angled baseplate is different from the profile of the top side (and the housing). It’s not too bad though.

Also, the adapter is not flush with the deck so it would be better to move the holes so that it sits lower. That’s unfortunately not so easy to achieve though. If moved by 2mm the top M3 holes get in the way of the truck bolts:

I could move them just 1mm. That may still not be perfect but would be slightly better.

Or, I could get rid of the M3 holes completely. Then it can only be used as an adapter for the angled baseplate but there would be more flexibility in positioning.

I’m leaning towards the former. Any thoughts on this?

Also, are there any Kaly board owners with a DAVEGA and a 3D printer out there who would be willing to help me test fitting next iterations? :pray:

4 Likes

I dont have a kaly so I have no skin in the game, but I would say it’s better to have the option to use it without the angled baseplate. I use my DavegaX flat on the 30 degree tip of my Haero Bro, and I like it at that angle.

@SeanHacker, help a brotha’ out.

5 Likes

I gotchu boo :kiss:

2 Likes

I think Sean has the Kaly deck but he uses it with the hypertrucks, not the Kaly trucks.

If they use the trampa truck layout I have those too.

I’m actually moving everything from LoveDick over to a Haero Bro deck today or tomorrow. So I can have the Kaly deck and trampa truck setup for use if that helps.

1 Like

Unfortunately the Kaly truck pattern is slightly different from the Trampa truck pattern. I need someone with the Kaly trucks.

I appreciate the offer anyway!

1 Like

Ah bummer. No worries at all dude.

1 Like

Oh nooo, are Davegas OOS? Might have missed an update here.

Only the purple housings and 125cm cables are OOS. The cables should arrive in a few days. The purple housings won’t be available before September/October.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I need the 125, so that makes sense. Will wait, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

:wink:

6 Likes

DIDNT SEE IT BECAUSE ITS NOT RED JAN. :triumph:

Ahahaha, but yea I’m blind.

7 Likes

125cm cables are back in stock. @Taraskasyanyuk

3 Likes

You have any pictures of the Haero Bro with the angled baseplate? Debating whether I want the flat or angled :thinking:

2 Likes

(why not both)

1 Like

LOL true

1 Like

@BigBen might be able to make one. Ben? :pray:

1 Like

What have I got to make?

Think he was referring to my comment, but not 100% sure. @BigBen

1 Like

Ah, of course.
I’ll need reminding in the morning. :grin: