DAVEGA X Updates

ah thougth you meant for esk8 too you were creating a smaller screen
sorry

1 Like

For esk8 the screen is alright. Would be interesting to see the bezels shrink a bit, maybe slim down the height as well while at it and make a cutout in the case or the baseplate for the wire so that risers are no longer needed. I found 2mm riser to be perfect for the cable

2 Likes

Hehehe

200w-1

6 Likes

Yes, the main problem is with the buttons. I haven’t found any smaller ones that don’t look ugly. And with the current buttons, there’s no easy way to make the housing slimmer.

Most people actually run the cable through the deck so this would require having a special version for the MTB. Maybe it would be a good idea to add a notch to the angled baseplate since that one is primarily designed for MTB.

3 Likes

No, for esk8 the 2.8" is good. The 2.2" would only be for scooters.

2 Likes

Buttons are aids for space, but something like this can be connected on the pcb and have a piece of sticky rubber or plastic (with buttons function printed over) to do the clicky thing and keep stuff waterproof
https://m.alibaba.com/product/62171767460/Best-Price-R2990-Waterproof-Tact-6Mm.html
Or just plain buttons with long extendeds + rubber sheet seal. I like the ones from trampa wand that seem to last forever
s-l300

I find the no angle option perfect for my haero deck actually. Makes the screen more visible and overshoots the angle where my eyes are just by a bit

2 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking of that kind of solution regarding buttons. It’s just a lot of redesigning.

Populating the first prototype of DAVEGA PCB v1.3. Most people use soldering irons but true professionals only use irons. :nerd_face:

BTW, it’s working.

21 Likes

Gangsta’ reflow :sunglasses:

8 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

Since releasing the firmware v4, I haven’t had any reports of the corrupted flash memory (other than from users who haven’t upgraded to v4 yet), which is great. Nevertheless, I’m still not sure whether the issue has finally been fixed or if it’s rather that people already know how to get around it and don’t report it. Hence a quick poll:

• I’m using v4.x and I have NOT encountered the flash memory corruption on v4.x
  • I’m using v4.x and I have encountered the flash memory corruption on v4.x
  • I’m still using v3.x or earlier

0 voters

For the v3.x or earlier folk, you should definitely consider upgrading to v4:
https://davega.eu/install-v4

If you don’t know what the flash memory corruption looks like, you probably haven’t encountered it. If that happens, the DAVEGA completely freezes and requires a clean firmware installation, which can only be done by using the USB port.

2 Likes

Is there by chance, an ETA on restock? :pleading_face:

Dang he must have just went out of stock, I ordered last week.

1-2 weeks

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you!

I guess I bought just in time :joy:
@janpom recent units received should already be on v4?

2 Likes

of course

1 Like

Great. It’s all pretty :relaxed:
Easy as hell to assemble and install. Only thing I did different is I made a custom wire for it. Used a shielded cat7 cable with grounded wires. No chance of RF interference whatsoever :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

DAVEGA X is back in stock now. It was unavailable for about 2 weeks since I was missing a few critical parts. Sorry about that.

12 Likes

Will you have the rubber gaskets in stock anytime soon?

1 Like