DAVEGA X Updates

And it was working correctly so far? Were you getting readings for all motors? Due to the bug, you wouldn’t be getting readings for one motor on the Unity. It’s actually a VESC bug. Maybe it’s only in 5.1 and was fixed in 5.2. I’ll check.

Edit: Right, it was fixed in 5.2. So you would only be experiencing the problem with 5.0 and 5.1. Here’s the fix: [COMM_GET_VALUES] Unity should return second motor controller ID if that is the selected thread by wunderk1nd-e · Pull Request #232 · vedderb/bldc · GitHub

1 Like

I just checked it. I can just see 3 of my 4 Motors but it’s the same in the Vesc Tool when I use the Motor Wizard. All Motors are spinning but it just shows the 2 Motors of the Master and only one Motor of the slave.

1 Like

I took this to a private thread with @philo who was extremely helpful. :+1: It turns out the problem is only reproducible with VESC FW 5.2, not with 5.1. I created an issue for it:

I will try to work around the issue in DAVEGA FW 4.07 so that everything is working correctly even before the problem is fixed at the VESC side.

10 Likes

@philo, the problem is fixed in DAVEGA FW 4.07rc2. I tested it using two Xeniths running 5.2 and it looks good. Could you please check if it’s working for you as well? Cheers.

Hi @janpom , yes it also works on 2 x unity with fw5.2 :blush:

Thanks for the fix !

6 Likes

Firmware v4.07 released.

# v4.07
- 4WD setups with dual Stormcore/Unity correctly supported
- all VESC FW 5.x versions supported

7 Likes

Yay!!! Time to update :smiley::smiley::sunglasses:

Thanks Jan!

1 Like

Yes. Now I can start testing Vesc FW 5.03 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so glad I moved the manufacturing. Being able to meet the suppliers face to face, show them samples of what you need, and then checking samples of what they have done is sooooo helpful. Also communication in general is a whole lot easier and apparently sometimes it’s possible to make things happen that I wouldn’t even think of asking when managing things remotely.

Last week, I brought newly machined housings, baseplates, and x-brackets to the anodizing company. They showed me various anodized samples but also explained how the colors look different on each type of aluminum. I mentioned it would be very helpful to see how each of the colors would look on my parts but I also quickly said that I understand it’s not feasible to have samples made in all colors. They said “we’ll see what we can do”.

Today they called me that I can pick up the samples.

“Oh nice. Which colors have you done?” “All of them.”

And indeed they did! So without further due, let me present to you the:

United colors of DAVEGA

The first two pics are taken inside my workshop with two different types of artifical light.

The latter three are taken outside at daylight. It’s a little cloudy today but not too dark – perfect conditions for photography.

Now, I have done my best to capture what the pieces look like but they still look so much better in real life than on the pictures. They are so pretty that it almost makes you want to cuddle them. :laughing:

The blue is my favorite. Also the red is really nice. This one is different from both the “old red” and “new red” and it’s my favorite red so far. I may need to get some of those done. Purple is very nice.

Now, the titanium, everyone’s favorite… That one I’m actually not sure about. It’s definitely nice, especially at daylight but I personally imagined it would be a little darker. I asked the supplier if they can make it darker and they said they could and even promised to make the samples today so that I can pick them up tomorrow. I’ll send more pics then.

I wonder what everybody who voted for titanium thinks. Is this what you would order?

Oh, and before you ask, no, not all of these colors will be available for sale. I’m definitely having black made and 2-3 other colors. I’m currently thinking blue, titanium, and red. I may need to drop one though.

The other colors may be available with the next batch.

25 Likes

Oh man the purple looks so coool!!

2 Likes

Fuck, need me a green housing asap.

1 Like

I love the purple

1 Like

I love that green and gold colour!

1 Like

Those look soooooo cool, really nice. Bummer that you don’t make them all available. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I would buy titanium housings and baseplates but it has to be darker, dark metalic gray. Maybe like colour RAL 9023.

I hope we get at least a batch of all colours at first, some limited edition stuff like 5 of each and then never again to claim rarity.
Then just keep making the top sellers and yes i am absolutely saying this to catch a set of the green ones

3 Likes

Want to trade baseplates? I send you my black one, I get the green one? :upside_down_face: Or if @Minimadness gets it first

3 Likes

I got red xplate, red davega, red vesc wand.
…they are all different reds :confused:

I’m hoping to at least match the xplate with the davega in green and keep the gold tones already on my board, then vesc wand raw silver and fuck the rest

2 Likes

Honestly would buy it now if the blue was available. So beautiful!

WOW, looking so fresh I can almost

:+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

2 Likes