DAVEGA X Updates

left side and right side, sum up to the total of 41.0
(I assume first is master side second is slave side, but not sure)

3 Likes

Ah this makes sense. Now interesting that they’re not equal…

Hmm. Both sides are at the same settings. Could that be a belt tension thing or that I carve one way more or something?

They’re similar enough that I wouldn’t worry about it. Could be belt tension, could be worse or better motor / wheel / pulley bearings, could be you carving more, who knows :smile:

I would be more concerned if one motor was noticeably heating up more than the other.

2 Likes

Roger that. Will keep an eye on em.

There’s a VESC bug. The Wh/Ah in/out values for individual motors are reported with some bias, though they do add up to a correct value (or at least so it seems since DAVEGA range projections that depend on the sum value are accurate). I have reported the issue to Benjamin long ago but it’s probably not a high priority. I guess I should only show the sum until the issue is fixed since I do see how this is confusing.

7 Likes

Firmware v5.05 released

# v5.05 | 2022-10-10
- support for VESC FW v6.0
- minor LLT BMS fixes
- fix: ignore CAN ping response from Ennoid BMS
- fix: DAVEGA freezes when a button is pressed while riding

Anyone running v5.04, please update to prevent occasional DAVEGA freezing. Button press may be triggered if you hit an obstacle.

2 Likes

Why would you ever implement such a feature?

It was implemented in v5.04 but people don’t seem to appreciate it so I’m removing it again. :slight_smile:

In a rush to put my enclosure back on and I turned the ribbon wire into Swiss cheese… It actually worked for about a 100 meters before it shorted the board. My board powered back on, but the Davega didn’t (even after repairing the ribbon) . Pretty sure I killed it… Any chance that I can get it working again?

1 Like

So after further research, I think I fried the shared fuse in my ppm and uart ports and could explain why the Davega is not turning on… Or maybe I torched both by continuing to ride another 12 miles the night it happened… This is turning into quite the expensive pooch screw…

Sorry for not responding. I read your previous message when I wasn’t able to write back and then I forgot about you.

You should test the DAVEGA with another VESC. I don’t quite see how the short should kill it. I believe the short should merely cut DAVEGA’s power input.

Nevertheless, should it be damaged, please PM me and I’ll give you a discount on replacement electronics.

1 Like

You’re right… I’m an idiot. I some how got the pins confused on the Davega when I fixed the ribbon. It’s working perfectly again.

2 Likes

Hi @janpom - are 5.06rc and 5.06rc2 beta firmwares?

RC stands for release candidate, so yes.

2 Likes

I have my Davega on a battery box with the screen horizontal. There was a slight issue with not enough space when trying to view two different options example: speed & motor t. This latest version fixed it.

2 Likes

Yes, the v5.06rc2 actually only contains this specific bug fix.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the help.

2 Likes

I’m using a pre-owned davega x 1.0 on a new board. I don’t see any “factory reset” options in the menu.

How do I reset the lifetime data to start from 0?

Hold all 3 buttons while booting up.

(User Guide - DAVEGA)

2 Likes

What does the new v5.06rc3 come with?