DAVEGA X: Restarting, freezing, white screen

I was going to suggest the same as Jan. It sounds like a connector is probably right on the brink of unplugging so the connection is intermittent.

2 Likes

@janpom

First real issue I havenā€™t been able to solve or figure out. Iā€™ve reflashed firmware, tried rebooting, reverting to prior firmware doesnā€™t work, ectā€¦ Havenā€™t used my board in a few days and it was working perfectly before. But now it just gets stuck at this screen. Any idea what I should try?

3 Likes

Yeah, this has unfortunately been reported a few times. I donā€™t know why it happens. Must be a micropython bug.

The solution is to use the davega tool and make a full backup. Then erase flash, reinstall the bootloader and restore the backup. I hope that helps. Sorry about this. Hopefully it doesnā€™t happen too often.

2 Likes

No problem at all dude. Thatā€™s exactly what my next move was going to be. Iā€™ve been trying to use the windows tool and canā€™t seem to get anything to flash correctly. Well, bootloader flashes fine, but the firmware and backup feature doesnā€™t and I get this.

DAVega

1 Like

And after my literal 42nd attempt switching back and forth from my Linux machine running virtual box with windows and my windows machine I got it to work somehow. Did nothing different haha.

2 Likes

Yeah, export/import is extremely flaky on Windows. I yet have to look into that. I should be able to compile a linux version so that you donā€™t have to use the virtual box. That should also remove the flakiness. It only happens on Windows. On a Mac, itā€™s working like a charm.

Iā€™m glad you got it working at last! :+1:

1 Like

Perfect. That would be awesome. I havenā€™t run windows in over a decade. The Linux tool you did have always worked great.

1 Like

Could you please test if this works for you:

https://davega.eu/downloads/davegax-tool/davegax-tool-v1.2-linux.zip

1 Like

Will do when I get back home in just a bit. Thanks dude.

Got this yesterday while riding, DAVEga X is running through uSplit. Constantly repeating.

That looks as a bad contact on the MOSI pin of the display. DAVEGA thinks the display has restarted and it re-initializes it. This is fixable in software. I can add a preference for disabling the display re-initialization. Will try to do it later on today and will send you the update to test out.

You are still able to access the menu, right?

1 Like

Yeah it worked fine again after a restart, no hurries.

Oh, so it was just a one-off? I thought you were getting it all the time. If it just happened once, probably the display somehow got into a weird state and didnā€™t communicate back over SPI as expected. Please let me know if it happens again.

1 Like

Yeah it happened just once. I will report back if it does it again.

1 Like

I always had problems running the Davega through the Usplit. I run the Davega through the master now and everything else through the usplit on the slave. Havenā€™t had problems in months

3 Likes

Moving to:

@mmaner, could you please close this. Thanks.

1 Like