DAVEGA X: Restarting, freezing, white screen

v1.3.1 uploaded. In the main menu, the last item is now “Reboot”.

@pookybear, if you ever loose the UART connection again, please try to reboot and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

2 Likes

@pookybear, Is the DAVEga X’s UART connection still plugged into the uSplit? If so, you should test to see if the UART issues without the uSplit in the equation.

Since the uSplit is middle-manning the UART, I would just straight to that as the culprit for any UART related issues in any setup using it.

2 Likes

That’s in my script to try. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Errors I got from trying to update my buddy’s unit. Factory reset and “middle button” method didn’t work.

Here is 1.3.1 when I tried to set my battery capacity (my unit):

Sorry for shitty pics. I was tired.

That’s bad. It may be a bad unit. Let’s do a complete reinstall first. I’ll PM you the instructions. If he keeps having trouble with it after the reinstall, I’ll replace it.

Thanks for the report. That’s a memory error. Not really a bug. Just poor memory management. I have significantly improved it already. I’m preparing FW v2.0.0, which should no longer throw any memory errors. It will also have DieBieMS support (and hopefully FlexiBMS support as well once the CAN communication is implemented for it). I’m almost there. Just need to spend a few more hours on it to address some minor issues. Sorry about the trouble.

1 Like

Don’t be. We are DIY. These setbacks are part of it. My posts are entirely for feedback purposes and not meant to be pushy. You’re doing great :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Update:

Everything is working well so far ever since I wiped and reinstalled everything from scratch on my buddy’s unit. Thanks for the help @janpom

Since the above DavegaX is working flawlessly so far, I figured I’d do the same on my unit. Couple this w @Ricco s update for the usplit, I’m a happy camper now. And yes, it is still being powered via PPM/PWM 5v and gnd.

Not sure if it really did anything or a combination of brilliant brains between these two individuals, or could also be a placebo effect. But everything is working the way it is intended to.

Will post here if/when I find anything new. Thank you @janpom and @Ricco. Don’t care what everyone says about you two ,you’re both alright :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Do you still get that freezing screen issue?
It seems that I am also getting this sort of freezing, where “picture remains on the screen. Numbers are stick. Red blinking light.”
Using a usplit, metr and a davega, dual focboxes.
When I get that error, it seems that the metr also crashes at the same time, which is perhaps a fault coming from the esc.

It happens toward the end.

Sounds like it’s your uSplit. @Ricco released an update not too long ago. Update it.

2 Likes

Yes, sounds like a problem in the UART connection. Unlikely a davega issue.

1 Like

He has updated the FW but this issue still occurs from time to time. I believe it may be related to this:

@stan is going to update the ESC’s FW and see if that helps.

3 Likes

Unfortunately ran into this problem today:

With version 2.0.1

Hi, was that when riding?

Yeah, it was while riding.
I don’t know why (maybe it’s my esc).
But while riding, the davega screen turned into a black menu screen. I kept riding, the device rebooted itself a few times and then showed this error.

After updating my focboxes to 3.65, I haven’t had any problems yet, until today where I had my davega constantly going to a black menu screen.
It maybe shows a loss of uart connection.

You mean it goes to the menu? Like if you press the middle button?

it goes to the main screen without any numbers on it. The front page where it used to have the main telemetry.
My bad there didn’t say this correctly.

That’s probably restarting, no? It goes black when it restarts. Did it just go black for a few seconds and then it started showing numbers again?

I’ll try to test it a bit more tomorrow, but I think it went from having telemetry on the display, it froze for a few seconds, and then the entire screen goes black without the numbers with that red blinking light on top (the same screen that would show up when you connect the device on a pc).

(using a usplit and a metr pro together on one uart port).

That sounds more like hardware problem to me. Please double-check the connectors are properly plugged-in both DAVEGA side and VESC side and there’s no loose wire (occasionally a wire may come out of the JST housing). If you’re running dual FOCBOXes you could also try plugging DAVEGA into the other one. Removing the usplit temporarily is also worth a shot. I hope any of that helps. If the problems persist, you can send the unit back and I’ll either fix it or send you a replacement piece (provisioned with the same data).

2 Likes

I would say it’s probably a hardware problem from my esc, not from the davega.
Thanks for the help.
Seems like I had this same issue before on 3.62, tried to update to 3.65 didn’t see any issue for a few km but I had all the bugs today.

In this clip when I stopped in the middle of the ride was to reboot the board and it’s here where I took the picture of that screen* ^ Around 18:02:50

1 Like