DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

@LR-designs Since I use trampa trucks, I’d be stuck, in your option, with having to drill through my trucks…
Would you be kind to PM me a schematic with measurements of the baseplate? You’re making me start to wonder if my board will stop me from having a davega x :confused:

You might be better off forgoing the base plate and just using the M3 holes for the case of the davega as the baseplate is just for skate trucks.

They are 58x59mm.

The base plate has holes that have the pattern of old school and new school truck hole spacing.

Old%20School%20New%20School%20bolt%20pattern%20skateboard

3 Likes

Anyone have pictures of mounting their Davega with drop through trucks? Just looking for inspiration / wondering if it looks dumb

Drop-through mounted trucks won’t be ideal for the current davega housing design. I guess you would need to mount the baseplate on top of the truck baseplate. Then you end up with a gap between the deck and davega where it overhangs the truck baseplate. You could probably make a 3D printed part to close the gap.

Thought so. Maybe I’ll mount mine in the back of the board then, because my current plan is to only have drop-through in the front :laughing:

Same boat man, hoping to cleanly route the wires through the hummie cutout if I can.

Luckily I have the 3d printed piece for my charge port and switch already made so the dimensions could work.

Yeah, gonna use the same trucks as you, so realized I gotta think about it. :slight_smile:

On the positive side, the ESCs are in the back, so there’s less cable to run between them and the Davega.

@rusins make sure checking your speed doesn’t result in you crashing :joy:

1 Like

I plan on checking speed only in slow zones, but yeah, a smartwatch or HUD for esk8 would be better :smile:

1 Like

What @flasher said, I’m too scared to have it mounted behind me haha. Much easier to route wires though.

1 Like

@Venom121212 Since I fixed my speed detection on my davega to find out I was rolling way faster than I thought, I’ve been trying to push my limits and managed to go 68km/h for a few seconds at a time. I wouldnt wanna have to look anywhere else than the front of my board to find out what comes next :slight_smile:

I just realized you only have the adjustable base-plate in the front, whereas I’ll probably have them both. Maybe that means I’ll have drop-through in the back too :confused:

Do you need the adjustable in the back? 50 degree front and 35 degree rear is perfect for me and surfrodz already sells a 35 degree baseplate. Last I’ll say in the Davega X thread, PM me if you want to discuss more!

2 Likes

I was literally about to PM you about exactly this :smiley: except 50 in the front as stock, and adjustable in the back for less than 35

2 Likes

@janpom will you be offering new colors on future batches? I don’t have access to professionally applied anodizing paint

I’d like to. It depends on the demand. I’m starting to regret we haven’t got the red done. Mainly because I want one for myself. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
8 Likes

We’ve got this new little feature (@LR-designs’ idea) that allows you to track the lifespan of your parts. I got new Zealous bearings today so I added them to the list. It’s a small thing but it’s pretty neat. BTW, the bearings are cool, too. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

That’s rad, man !!!

1 Like

I love this. Your product keeps getting better and better

1 Like