DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

Will these be ready to sign up for 1st batch before the 8th of September? Wife wants to buy me a birthday gift :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fixed lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Technically the cash is coming from her account and she asked me what esk8 part do I need for my board to work…said davega x. She asked about the davega that’s already on my board…told her it’s not the same person :innocent:

3 Likes

Haha lol. Awesome wife!

Hi, sorry for the delay. I either setup a website (less likely; too busy) or just a Google Form (more likely). I won’t be taking orders until I have something to ship. Still waiting for updates from @LR-designs regarding the housings. That’s the main missing piece now. They are probably going to be shipped to @LR-designs any day now and then he needs to get them from Hong Kong to me (Czech Republic). Once they arrive, I should be able to take the first orders.

BTW, while I will definitely accept PayPal payments, I will much prefer Revolut payments and will offer a discount on orders paid via Revolut. I’ve been using it for several months now and I highly recommend that you give it a try if it’s available in your country (unfortunately not yet in USA). It just takes a few minutes to setup and it’s free. A debit card for the account costs around 10 EUR shipped. I have some promo codes for free debit cards. PM me if you’re interested.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update :slight_smile: Any chance you could make a pre-order waitlist (or contact list) for those of us itching to get our hands on one?

1 Like

How long do you think it will be before we can get it in the states?

I don’t see much sense that in doing that, sorry. I’ll ship in the order of received payments. I think that’s fair. Don’t worry though. I’ll have 25 pcs ready by the time the housings arrive and I can make at least a dozen a week henceforth. We’re getting 100 housings made. It will take a while before they are all gone.

5 Likes

just let us know when the payments start, i’m gonna try and be one of the first 25 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Housings are finished and on way to me, so expect at least a week or so till @janpom has them in hand and will take orders. Sit on your hands guys.

6 Likes

Pricing update.

DAVEGA X: 99 EUR; includes:

• fully assembled electronics
  • aluminum baseplate and housing, black or raw
  • 3 stainless steel buttons
  • 2pcs screen protecting glass; one installed, one spare
  • 4p silicone insulated (flexible) ribbon cable with JST-PH connectors
    • 80 cm length (can be adjusted on request)
    • VESC 4.x, 6.x, or ESCape connector (specify in the order)
  • hardware for attaching the housing to the baseplate, stainless and black (both options included)
  • PayPal fees

Does NOT include:

• shipping
    • 10 EUR in EU
    • 12 EUR outside of EU
  • hardware for mounting the baseplate
    • 4 standard M5 countersunk bolts needed
    • need to be long enough to go through baseplate, deck, risers, trucks

Payment options:

• PayPal, USD only ($109 + $13 shipping)
  • Revolut, any currency, 7 EUR discount
  • TransferWise, CZK only, 5 EUR discount
  • SEPA, EUR only, 5 EUR discount

The shipping cost is based on the assumption we’ll be able to meet the 500g package weight limit, which should be possible based on my calculations. Otherwise it will be ca 3-4 EUR more.

The prices are for shipping from EU. This will be in the first month or so. After that, @LR-designs should be able to ship from Hong Kong, which will make it a little cheaper for non-EU folks.

10 Likes

I’m thinking about providing a DIY kit as well, which would be 10-15 EUR cheaper. The assembly should take 1-2 hours depending on your experience and skills. It would be mostly basic DIY stuff with some relatively simple soldering. I would make an instructional video for the assembly. What do you guys think?

• I prefer a DIY kit
  • I prefer a plug-and-play solution
  • Whatever, just ship it ASAP

0 voters

5 Likes

Thanks for the update @janpom , now, waiting to order !

So the screen is include in the “fully assembled electronics” item ?

@janpom What will be the declared customs value?
Asking because in Canada, anything and everything over 20cdn and not considered a gift is subject to fees, taxes and imports (20-60%)
Edit: will it also be possible to ask a version with m5 rather than m4? Cus…trampa…

Right. Everything needed will be included except for the bolts for mounting the baseplates. If you happen to use countersunk bolts for your trucks already, you may not need a replacement as long as they have at least 4mm of extra length to accommodate the baseplate.

3 Likes

The baseplates have already been machined so we can’t change the holes. You can always extend them though with a drill.

I’ll PM you regarding customs.

1 Like

Just to be clear, this will work with the unity right?

I use it with my Unity. :slight_smile:

It should work with any VESC with recent enough firmware. Ackmaniac’s firmware is also supported.

3 Likes

What do you intend to use to update it?

Are you asking about updating the DAVEGA firmware? Bug fixes and small new features can be installed via WiFi. Occasionally, a complete re-flash may be needed that will require taking the PCB out of the housing and connect it to the computer via microUSB cable. This should be rare.

6 Likes