DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

This is true, I probably would. The only problem with setting the max speed manually is it feels like cheating.

Could just be a simple reset for the lifetime max speed. Then all you have to do is hit that speed again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think I managed to fix the export/import flakiness in the Windows version of the DAVEGA Tool. I can no longer reproduce the failure in VirtualBox. Could anyone with a standard Windows installation test this for me, please?

Here’s the updated DAVEGA Tool:
https://davega.eu/downloads/davegax-tool/davegax-tool-v1.3rc-win32.zip

To test:

• download and unzip
  • connect DAVEGA to USB port
  • run davega-tool.exe and [1] Auto-detect port
  • run davega-tool.exe and [5] Export filesystem

This should successfully create a non-empty .dfs file.

2 Likes

What about just a bench test ‘mode’ where nothing is recorded

2 Likes

You can press Menu button. When displaying menu list, DAVEGA is not asking / processing realtime data

4 Likes

So with the impending Stormcore 100S on the horizon, I have been planning out a VESC powered ebike build. I would love to use a Davega as my bike dashboard, as I think that the form factor and look are perfect, and it provides so much more data than any other bike computer at this price point. The only problem I am seeing so far is for a mid-drive ebike which still uses the bike’s gears. Since the gear ratio is adjustable, the VESC would never know how fast the wheel is spinning, and therefore can not calculate speed or distance. That would then throw off just about every other calculation on the Davega such as consumption.

@janpom I am wondering if you can see a way around this problem? I was thinking that a hall sensor on the bike wheel would work for getting final speed, but that would somehow have to integrate with the Davega, and that data would have to be prioritized over the motor rpm data from the VESC. Anyone out there have any ideas for this?

1 Like

I’m sorry but I don’t see a simple solution here. It’s more VESC related than DAVEGA related. DAVEGA relies heavily on VESC to provide accurate RPM/ERPM data. Any discrepancies due to changes in gearing will rendered DAVEGA pretty much unusable.

3 Likes

I just release a much needed update to the DAVEGA X Tool as v1.3.

• fixed export/import issues on Windows
  • device ID can be displayed

You can get it from https://davega.eu/downloads.

2 Likes

@janpom what size bolts are needed to stick the davega to the baseplate
Broken all of mine

M3x6

4 Likes

Thanks a lot

@janpom when I turn my board on the davega goes into the standard bootloader page and won’t go off there

What should I do

I believe I have to ref lash everything on it?

Yes. That’s what happened to me.

1 Like

Micropython bug. Just reflash the whole unit

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

Make a full backup, erase flash, reinstall bootloader, restore backup.

I will be looking into this soon. It’s getting reported way more often than I would have liked. Sorry about it.

1 Like

hi @janpom got a really weird issues

i got this error were it goes and stays on loading bootloader
i erased reinstalled and added dfs and then a couple rides later got the same issue
did the same thing again and again and every couple rides the same issue starts happening again

sometimes even mid ride it randomly goes on the white screen and then gets stuck on bootloader page

Sounds bad. I’ll send you a replacement unit. I’ll PM you.

1 Like

thanks so much
whenever possible to pm that would be amazing

Do you think this is HW or FW Jan?

1 Like

Sounds like something wrong with the flash memory to me, i.e. a hardware issue. This kind of freezing is a known problem but it shouldn’t be happening this often. I have done hundreds of km on my davega and it worked flawlessly.

It’s probably related to the power supply. I’m not an expert but from what I have gathered, the flash memory circuitry is more sensitive to unstable power supply than the CPU.

2 Likes