DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

damn! i just recieved a bluetooth module i would have skipped on if i knew about this beforehand :nauseated_face:

Can I join the club for the last batch or is it too late? Thx

It’s not late. You will just need to wait a bit. Hopefully no longer than end of October. Fill in the order form and I’ll contact you when I have a unit to ship. You don’t pay until your order is ready to dispatch.

4 Likes

Lovely then! I can wait, it’s for an ongoing build, thanks!

1 Like

Hey bro in case you didnt get that above Bigbrit = me, I changed my username

4 Likes

I too am Bigbrit…

7 Likes

You are too beautiful to be BigBrit…

2 Likes

Could you please check if I’m somewhere on the list? I think I filled out the form, but can’t remember, and haven’t seem my name mentioned anywhere.

Also, if i have a VESC 4 based ESC now, but might upgrade to 6 in the future, can I somehow get another UART connector? Or can I do it myself by just buying a larger JST plug and soldering the wires?

@rusins Sorry, man, I don’t have your order. Are you sure you filled in the form?

It’s not a problem. I include spare 7p and 8p JST-PH housings in all packages. You just unpin the crimps from the 7p housing and insert them to the 8p housing. Or even simpler, the 7p connector can be plugged into the VESC 6 (the 7p male goes into 8p female just fine). You just have to swap the RX/TX wires.

2 Likes

Not 6. Are there VESCs that have 6p UART ports?

1 Like

In fact it’s whatever there’s on your cable (can be 7p or 8p, depending on what you have ordered) plus one spare 7p and 8p. It’s a bit redundant but this way I can let my kids prepare small packages with the spare connectors and the hardware beforehand that I then just include in each shipped box. :slight_smile: They are surprisingly eager to help. I don’t even have enough tasks I can delegate to them. I was thinking of teaching them soldering but I’m afraid my wife might disapprove. :smile:

8 Likes

Lucky my dad has a PhD in electrical engineering and never taught me shit!

4 Likes

The pins you see are from the display and not the ESP32. So you can’t connect to them for the clock idea.

2 Likes

Hey @janpom, sorry, but can I cancel my order? It’s an amazing product, but I decided I want to save some money.

Sure, no problem. I’ll just put your order on hold in case you change your mind later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If not can I have his place? :grin:

4 Likes

I got a t-shirt from my sis for my birthday to boost up the sales. :smile:

27 Likes

You can give my spot to someone else if you want to.

1 Like

There we go :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @janpom!

1 Like