DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

PLA wont work to keep the water out though

2 Likes

I used 6mil neoprene to seal the hole on the underside and my cable only has about 3mm extra length so it has to go up through the center.

1 Like

What the DAVEgaX really needs for us trampa guys is a wedge like baseplate mount to correct the 35 degree angle. I’m thinking like a 20 degree wedge would be perfect.

1 Like

Someone could easily design and print a wedge to mount it that way.

2 Likes

Imo the 35° angle works fine, no glare and its nicely readable.

5 Likes

:relaxed: I have shared something like that this afternoon, on thingiverse (0°/flat and 5° for now, 2.5° on upload soon, 10° could be made if someone need it, but it will start to be high !) :

Edit Pics :

7 Likes

i frakin’ love this community…

2 Likes

@janpom will there be an option to reset the lifetime stats? When setting it up k got some weird values like 99 speed and 99 range

Yes, I can add it. A workaround is to do a factory reset by holding all 3 buttons for 10 seconds while the davega is starting up. Note that will also reset your config though.

3 Likes

Hmm, I can’t seem to get my range or motor temp to work properly. I haven’t used DaVega on a ride yet so I wonder if it needs to learn the range?

Range reports 0 miles and motor temp say -273.1C so absolute zero? :laughing:

I wonder if it’s the vesc not properly getting the temp from the motors.

Could that be of interest to someone ?

6 Likes

I definitely want the wedge.

1 Like

I just checked out your full catalog on thingstaverse. Well done sir.

2 Likes

Great stuff! Thanks a lot for sharing man. I love the sun shield. :+1:

Do you have a picture of the shield installed?

3 Likes

Beautiful creations and renderings! Love the angled risers, will definitely print one out since my DaVega lays flat.

After a ride, my range is working properly (12 miles now) but my motor temp is still wrong. It now shows -1C (which is better than what it was before)

1 Like

I use the Flipsky 6.6 plus. Just a heads up to those with the same Vesc. The DAVEgaX only worked properly after I updated the Vesc FW and it has to be plugged into the master uart port. Not sure why that is but it took some tinkering to figure out.

1 Like

Thx to you!

Quick raw print, the design is not finished (as the color print ^^) but its to make an overview :slight_smile: (its around 40mm heigth - the shield, with à 2.5° riser)

4 Likes

I’m having a slow moment here but how will angled risers work?

It seems like that bolts won’t align with the thread holes?

1 Like

Yes, its why I extrude holes from both side (flat and 5° one), then made a centered hole from of the previous two with a bit extra room (actually 3.6mm for the m3 screw … with 4 screws screwed it’s gonna be ok) :relaxed:
it works like angled riser on our esk8!

Are you sure your motors actually have temperature sensors and that they work correctly?

This is unlikely a DAVEGA problem. It just displays whatever data the VESC reports.

1 Like