DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

youre-right-og2sbq

1 Like

Ah, right, of course. Thanks for the correction!

The aluminium parts have landed in Hong Kong, I think barring any unforeseen issues with logistics etc the davega X’s first batch should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks. What you think @janpom any issues with the electronics etc?

The machining and anodizing quality looks really nice. Just note with the raw they might be a few small scratches, its unavoidable. After some use they will have an even coating of scratches.

21 Likes

Nice, how much did it cost you to have the enclosure machined?

Looking awesome! cant wait to get one :upside_down_face:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Esk8 Remotes: Garbage or Greatness!

Can it be flipped like the original or is that no longer a possible thing to do? I’m using mine horizontally to fit in my trampa

2 Likes

Where can I find these Base plates? I have the Flipsky DaVeGa and I didn’t realize the holes weren’t standard spacing.

You can’t find these ones. They aren’t out as of yet. You might be able to print @LR-designs version on thingiverse. Not sure if it would fit without modding though.
Edit: someone correct if I’m giving credit to the wrong person. This is the one I have

1 Like

@janpom Can’t wait for the new davega. Would you consider making an app to connect to it and pull data out of it? You mentioned it does have wifi which could allow for this

2 Likes

I have one spare aluminum baseplate that I can provide. Not sure how you’d want to use it though. It’s not compatible with the Flipsky enclosure.

Yes, I’m already thinking about it. An app to backup/restore your config and odometer values. I have some ideas but too busy now to get started on it. It will definitely get done though. I promise.

5 Likes

The baseplate is not designed to be mounted in the horizontal mode. Nevertheless, you can switch the display view to horizontal. It’s then up to you to figure out how to mount it. You could make custom holes in deck for the baseplate or not use the baseplate at all and instead attach the housing directly to the deck. There are 4 holes for M3 bolts.

2 Likes

What makes the baseplate not horizontally possible? Spacing of screwholes? If so, I’ll just bridge 2 holes with a dremel

It’s might be that the ili9341 screen is a tad too large to fit between the truck bolts. It’s really tight fit. I made a thingiverse to hold the unit I’m making that anyone can use if they want.

Link to the 2.8" screen holder STL

It is indeed but that’s actually not a problem. The screen is sitting above the baseplate.

@Flasher, it’s definitely solvable. You customize the baseplate to fit your board. Drill extra holes or extend the existing. Should be a piece of cake for a guy like you. BTW, @rpasichnyk has been running in the horizontal mode during beta testing:

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:seems sarcastic :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:
No matter, great news to me and a guaranteed sale to you :slight_smile:

Wasn’t sarcasm. You’re woodworker, aren’t you? I imagine you know how to use a drill. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The reason why the base plate cant be landscape as its designed to be used as a (x thingie) or deck reinforcer. Then the davega bolts to the base plate. Although… it could work in landscape you just have to give up the deck reinforcing function and drill some holes in your deck instead of using the truck bolts to hold the plate. Hope that make sense.

TLDR… It could be used landscape if you drill some holes in the deck.

1 Like

@LR-designs Since I use trampa trucks, I’d be stuck, in your option, with having to drill through my trucks…
Would you be kind to PM me a schematic with measurements of the baseplate? You’re making me start to wonder if my board will stop me from having a davega x :confused: