Esk8 Remotes: Garbage or Greatness!

Oh god, i remember it but i dont remember it

1 Like

SerpentBoards! I think…

1 Like

What about the GT2B Madmunkey mod? I have been using these remotes for the past almost 3 years and have never had a dropout. I love the travel of the trigger and the amount of control is what keeps me trying trying any kind of thumbwheel remote.

2 Likes

…or the ChoZen mod. GT2B FTW!

1 Like

How come you’re always the guy, with the help :smiley: yeah, that’s the one.
Side note, just noticed, that the actual motor detection feature is for FOC only.

2 Likes

Well I’ll be damned, the guy isn’t dead. What happened to the proton you were going to send me almost 6 months ago? You took my address and all but never sent anything.

2 Likes

I was going to send a free Proton and eat up the costs out of kindness, I’m never obliged to do so. Besides, after I learned that you were never a customer of mine, I cannot do it anymore. I’m also short on Protons as they are all sold out, and I’m working on the Proton X to be soon released.

1 Like

Wow… you’re right, I wasn’t your client, my brother was your client. He sold me your remote and told me all the info and sent me all his receipts for if/when I would have a problem with it. Which happened to be one of your first ones with no possibilities of updating it. You told me after 2 hours of not being able to do anything about it that for the troubles youd send me the proton. So you’re a vendor who lies to get rid of problems?

2 Likes

Get your brother to send it back.

2 Likes

I would if not for 2 things.

1. he’ll pull an enertion on my ass. I’ll be out of my money and have no product in return.
    2)it is beyond repair as it was in the fire that occurred.
    I’ll just cut my losses and consider the davega I have installed on my board is the best thing that could happen :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Just can’t believe how vendors can be such fucknuts about it, I mean seriously just be normal and take circumstances into account. Always sticking to the hard and fast rules will get you nowhere, but it’ll earn you an undesirable name.

4 Likes

Yeah that sounds like an issue with older firmware and not the Mini Remote. I used to have it a long time ago but not recently, and they are the same remotes. Ack 3.103 for reference

I’ve never had the Mini fail in the rain and I’ve never added waterproofing to them.

1 Like

Edited for correctness :slight_smile:

1 Like

While the mini ins’t all that tough, it seems fairly simple to repair.
after my last crash it wouldn’t power on but found it was just one of the batter tabs bent back and not making contact with the aa. Bent it back and it works again.

That said I did break my previous one somehow and couldn’t fix it. These weren’t particularly hard slams either.

GT2b however has had no problems with my numerous bashes to it.

2 Likes

i get that to this day with the R2 evolve remote. all i have to do is break a hair then i’m back on the throttle. it’s not like i’m going super fast anyways :smirk:

i love the mini…best remote on the market…my opinion.

2 Likes

Gotta try a Hoyt someday

2 Likes

i heard that before…think i will give it a try, I was looking for more esk8 parts to buy anyways. :call_me_hand: gonna be hard to replace the mini though

2 Likes

Check your motor resistance, inductance, and flux linkage measurements.

This is what my settings looked like before fixed.

Notice the mWb values very different

1 Like