Davega problems or questions

Having the LLT issue again. No BMS screen. Tried cycling over 7 times and nothing. Is their any trouble shooting I can do or only power cycling can help.

It may be that the BT connection is not ideal. The only idea that comes in mind to fix that is to bring the LLT BT module closer to the DAVEGA. You could potentially extend the cable between the LLT and the BT module.

Nevertheless, DAVEGA was never designed for use with the LLT. It was added as an experimental firmware update and it should be treated as a fact of life that it does not always work great.

BMSes that are guaranteed to work correctly with DAVEGA include ones that connect over CAN bus – DieBieMS, Ennoid BMS, FlexiBMS.

My Davega X is acting up and don’t know why. During my ride it totally shut off and now I only get a white screen when powered.
I’ve tried multiple cables, changed connectors, holding down up and mid on boot. I’m stuck and don’t know how to go about it.

Sounds like a hardware failure. Please take the electronics out of the enclosure and check for any signs of damage. Which hardware version is that (it’s written on the PCB)? How long have you been using it? Any chance water/moisture got in?

Ver. 1.2.1
All the electronics look okay. No sign of water damage or corrosion. It’s a fairly new unit. Had it connected to a usplit but whatever happened killed that as well.

Got in for christmas and hasn’t seen much use

1 Like

Sounds like something bad happened. Did it just come out of nowhere or are you aware of any changes that might have caused it?

Either way, it’s likely the DAVEGA is dead. You’ll need replacement electronics. I’ll PM you and we’ll figure something out.

1 Like

Got your PM and responded.

For some reason my usplit is heating up you can’t touch it which I believe caused solder to reflow leading to a short. The Davega was just there to take part of the voltage spike. Now the Davega starts to heat up a ton while plugged in

I’m going to try it on a different ESC just to make sure. Happened out of the blue. Looked down to check speed and it was fine, next time I looked down it shut off and will only boot to a white screen.

Didn’t want to start a new thread and searches didn’t seem to help so trying here-

I’m changing my mountainboard to topmounted battery (center) and vesc/fuse setup on the top tail.
I have the standard Davega x mounted on the front with the wiring ducking underneath the board.
This is now my only wire underneath and I’d love to have nothing to worry about under there (I’m on gravel a lot and pump parks where bottoming out on the deck can happen)

Has anyone seen a build/solution with the wiring on top of the board?
I’m not opposed to running it over my bindings to my Vesc enclosure but wanted to see if there were examples that prior builds have come up with.

I assume the easiest thing is to 3D print a riser with slot for the wire to exit on top of the board.

Here’s my solution:

Apex runs them through tpu foot well risers
Trampa has a similar solution
I run em over my bindings, all three work pretty well, it’s up to preference

I tried to connect the Davega to wifi and got a weird error message. Is this a joke or am I actually supposed to email the picture? It got stuck on that screen, so I turned off the board and turned it back on.

There’s supposed to be the error stacktrace but here it didn’t get printed for some reason. Hopefully it’s just some rare intermittent issue. Please do get back should it start happening frequently.

I tried again a few hours later and it connected without any issues. Thank you

If I want to upgrade the firmware, can I go from v3.2.0 to v5? or do I need to upgrade to v4 first?

You can go to v5 straight away.

1 Like

What kind of cable do I need to perform the update? Micro USB to USB A?

1 Like

yes

Last question… does the Davega need to be disconnected from the board when updating?

If you don’t disconnect it, it will send 3.3V back to the VESC on the 3.3V rail. I don’t think that will cause any issues. But if you don’t want to take chances, best to disconnect it anyway.

Anyone else have issues with the Davega not reporting motor and battery amps correctly with 4wd? It’s logging a lot lower than the escs in vesc tool