Davega problems or questions

No more? :frowning:

I drained about 25.000

Are you at the latest DAVEGA firmware? What firmware do you use on the Xenith? Can I please have a picture of the overview screen showing the problem?

1 Like

Oops. That does look pretty unfortunate for sure. I’ll try to do something about it.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the davega work with the ennoid bms since it’s based on the DieBieMS?
With the DieBieMS everything works and I get the green B on the top.
When I connect the ennoid I get the red B and no data.

Or can the davega only handle up to 12S?
The ennoid is on a 15S pack, the DieBieMS on a 10S pack

here are my settings:

Depends on how they implemented the CAN communication. If it’s not working it’s likely implemented differently than DieBieMS.

1 Like

Sounds like you would have to add support for the ebms.
Since it’s almost the same I’d guess it’s not much work but I have little knowledge about programming.
Guess this is a feature request if it’s not to much work.

If you go Menu > About on the DAVEGA, do you get the correct identification of the Ennoid?

1 Like

Thanks, that’s helpful. :+1:

BTW, you should keep your device ID confidential.

1 Like

blurred it out

2 Likes

I just uploaded DAVEGA FW v4.08rc2, which might work correctly with Ennoid. I obviously have no way of testing it so I’m just shooting in the dark. @Prism, could you please try installing it and see if it works for you. Note that if you’re using more than 12S, you’ll only be getting detailed readings for the first 12 P-groups. The aggregated values (e.g. the avg voltage) should be correct though. Supporting more than 12S will require some extra work. I need to figure out how to fit more values on the screen.

very nice!

1 Like

My suggestion would be to just add a 2nd BMS screen/page. 1-12 and 13-24

Would allow for up to 24S batteries. which is also the biggers current option from ennoid for a single board bms.

1 Like

You might have to adjust pre scaler for current & bat voltage or SOC in davega firmware to get correct readings

I’m not familiar with the concept. Can you please elaborate or refer me to where I can educate myself?

COMM_GET_VALUES prescalers are the “1e3” & “1e1” values that might be different from the ones used in DieBieMS. I had to do some changes to allow higher voltages & current to not be trunckaded with my high voltages BMS 1000V & 3500A. for instance:

case COMM_GET_VALUES:
ind = 0;
modCommandsSendBuffer[ind++] = COMM_GET_VALUES;

libBufferAppend_float32(modCommandsSendBuffer, modCommandsGeneralState->packVoltage, 1e3, &ind);
	  libBufferAppend_float32(modCommandsSendBuffer, modCommandsGeneralState->packCurrent, 1e3, &ind);

I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying. I’ll look into it.

Hey @janpom , could you elaborate a bit on how to make the smart BMS from LLT work with the Davega? I’ve seen some forum posts from you on how it works, maybe elaborate about that a bit? Or are there plans in the future to officially support it?

2 Likes

It’s not supported and adding the support is difficult since the LLT BMS does not have CAN. Potentially, DAVEGA could connect to it via Bluetooth but that would require significant developments and may not even be feasible due to the memory constraints.

I’ve been working with @rpasichnyk on Metr-DAVEGA (MeGA) features that get enabled if you have both DAVEGA and the Metr CAN (which reminds me I have a batch of Metr CAN units on hand that I need to add to my e-shop).

A feature we have briefly discussed is that DAVEGA could retrieve the LLT data from Metr rather than from the LLT directly. The main pieces of the puzzle are already in place. Metr supports LLT and DAVEGA can communicate with the Metr via VESC’s CAN forwarding. There are still some challenges so I’m not sure if/when this happens.

3 Likes

Thanks for testing and thanks for the suggestion! It’s a good idea for making it work without having to fiddle with the UI, which is nice. One issue is that there’s already support for dual BMS setups, in which case the BMS data occupy two screens. Dual setups combined with 13S+ packs would then imply 4 BMS screens, which would probably give users a headache. I’ll see if I can squeeze the 24 values to a single screen using two columns instead. That should be more user-friendly.

1 Like