Daly BMS thread

Years of practice tearing down products from the competitors of my clients. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s mostly just patience though.

I did plenty of damage to this Daly if you look closely, i.e., I was not patient. I would have taken at least another hour if for a client.

6 Likes

Hi guys, I know this is not the right thread, but I’m new on this BMS stauff and I have a question related to a Daly BMS and maybe you guys know about it.
I just Bought a 48v 40A daly bms, the picture on ebay webpage shows 48V 14S configuration, but the description talks about a 13S configuration. My battery pack has 13S configuration, I bought this bms and yes, arrived with 14S cables… is there a Way I can make this BMS (14S) works with my 13S battery?.. maybe connecting 13s and 14s cables together? or should I return it because it won’t work?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

all the 48ishV DALY BMS are identical pre sure

1 Like

I believe this is how it works.

1 Like

I think you bought the right 13s BMS (48V) but are just confused because of 14 balance wires. The first black one goes to the negative of your first cell, the remaining 13 red wires are the positive of cell 1-13.

@JoeyZ5 I have a 13s Daly BMS which I wanted to use for 12s. The seller said it’s working on 12s, too but it didn’t. Then I had a conversation with Daly and they said it’s working without connecting the last balance wire like the seller said. They also said don’t connect 12+ and 13+ of the BMS to cell 12 because I asked if I shall do it. Anyway then I connected both 12+ and 13+ connections of the BMS to cell 12 like it works on some other BMS. Still not working. With not working I mean the voltage output of the BMS was wrong, not even close to real battery voltage.

Meanwhile I bought a 12s Li-ion Daly BMS, labeled with 36V :joy: I hope it works.

1 Like

I was told many times but I never actually tested it.

1 Like

All the BMS I own have the extra pins shorted as you say. That’s why I connected it first like this.

I found the pics, here the battery voltage

and here the output voltage of BMS no matter if pin 12+ and 13+ are shorted or not.

It seems the BMS I got is faulty. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is probably lifepo. Chinese brands love throwing every related word into the name of the product

5 Likes

Don’t shock me :pray:
Just realized it’s not Daly but similar, sold as 12s Li-ion BMS. I hope the 36V is a mistake and you are wrong. Not sure how I could check if it’s lifepo but I guess the BMS would not charge in this case.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah, i got screwd once, they are lifepo

1 Like

Hey guys, quick question. Are Daly bms’s “top balance”?

Reason I ask is because I plan on only charging to around 80-90% to extend cell life.

1 Like

Standard Daly’s are, this would be a bad BMS for that job. This is clipped from the 12S spec sheet but they’re all the same:

You most definitely need a smart BMS if you want to stop charge below 100%.

1 Like

Thank you, I already have the bms installed. I’ll just charge to 100% then.

2 Likes

i’ve updated accurate measured pic for those Daly bms listed in post 5, over time i will update the rest as well

Anyone know where to source some daly bms nowadays (for EU customers) ? 12s and 10s, aliexpress store doesn’t have stock

1 Like

:+1:

No more 12s sadly

1 Like

I have some 12s, and I ship internationally.

1 Like

Doesn’t really make sense to buy a good cheap bms from the US, shipping makes it not worth it
Your stock is running low too, that’s why we can only by one of them ?

Yep thanks for reminding me! I have more, I just need to update the website.

3 Likes