Custom UrbanCarver - MountainBoard Hybrid

Hey guys! Here are some photos with the board I build last year. It is a mix between Urban Carver and Mountain board. Basically, it’s an Urban carver with an ATB Hanger, cause I think it gives the board a more muscle car look, plus, I had room for Kaly’s light stands. I have used the FatBoy SS Mini Drive V3 1:3 with 2 APS 6374 170KV motors, Unity speed controller and a 12S7P battery made by me. Below there is a link to the tread in which I posted images with the battery progress:

The grip tape is designed by me, it’s called Double Camel Toe :)). It wasn’t intentional, I just realized the resemblance after I finished it. I’ll post more updates with custom accessories that I will create for this board.

36 Likes

Batman approves

6 Likes

Haha, can’t go wrong when you go Batman style :))

1 Like

Beautiful and stealthy build :clap:

1 Like

The lighting of the pics… stunning :open_mouth: :astonished:

7 Likes

Do you find those bindings more comfy over traditional ones? I’m trying to see if I wanna get a set, eventually I want to get into doing jumps haha.

Beautiful build though. :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Thanks guys! @Kalitapaws To be honest, I don’t find the freeboard bindings too comfortable, probably I will need to get used to them… I’ve been riding a lot without any bindings and I have never used traditional one, so I don’t know the difference. The traditional ones look more comfortable though…

1 Like

There is only one thing I love more than e-boards and that’s a skeleton. So, I decided to create a skeleton artwork to print on my board. The second image is the crop version to fit the battery enclosure. The artwork is not a painted illustration, but a heavily processed photo that I took of my customized full size skeleton.The third image is the original photo.

6 Likes

Added some bulls bar! I’ve been planing to do that for a while. I had my eyes on the E-toxx ones which are really cool, but they are too damn expensive. Trampa don’t have them on black… so I bought these bike holder handle on Aliexpress (link below) which are really cheap and made some 3D printed adapters for the Trampa hanger. I think they look pretty cool! they are not the top quality, but they are lightweight and sturdy enough.

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in the adapters, I have attached the OBJ file. It’s not perfect, but it does the job. You’ll need to apply some force to install it or print it in a more flexible material… I used ABS.

adapter handle triple.obj (32.7 KB)

4 Likes

Looks awesome dude! Got any images/details on the enclosure?

1 Like

Thanks mate! I will post some photos tomorrow. I just finished applying the artwork from above on it. It’s a Trampa enclosure btw.

1 Like

@glyphiks Here are some details about the enclosure. As I said earlier, it’s a Trampa enclosure to which I added a layer of rubber of 1cm thickness between the deck and the enclosure to make room for a double layered battery pack. On the sides, I added 2 mini enclosures for the start button and a Bioboards display on a side and a Rosenberg charging port on the other.

4 Likes

And here is the final look with the artwork printed on it.

17 Likes

What material / printing technique did you use? It looks incredible! :open_mouth:

Can’t believe I missed this thread earlier; this build deserves a better name :smiley:

2 Likes

@rusins Thanks man! I printed the artwork on vinyl wrap material used for cars.

Yeah, you are right about the name! I wasn’t too inspired when I chose it haha!

2 Likes

Facelift!
Since the O-light lights are too powerful (I am literally blinding people with them), I don’t always use them in the city, cause the bike tracks are well lighted and they have a poor battery life, I decide to add another pair of lights, which I initially bought for my normal longboard. These lights are as daylights on a car, which means that are meant for you to be seen by other and not to actually light your path (they are quite awful for that, O-light being awesome from this p.o.v). I created and 3D printed an adapter so the lights could fit between the deck and the truck. Below I also attached a link for the lights and the 3D file for the adapter. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GFLZ53S/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_3p_dp_1
truck plate triple.obj (150.7 KB)

5 Likes

this build looks awesome. you did a great job.

Just one question, is there a reason that the rear is narrower than the front?

2 Likes

@ducktaperules Thanks man! To answer your question, it’s just a matter of preferences!
I had a Trampa Urban Carver before and since I loved how it handled sharp turns I decided the build one with a bigger battery pack ( this one), instead of a Mountain board.
While building it I realize I don’t have space to install Kaly’s light stands on the front Mini Truck the Carver has, so I bought a a full size hanger for the front.
I really love how it looks, I think it’s a quite unique look and it gives the board a muscle car feel…and I love muscle cars haha.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a question and I was wondering if any of you could help me!
Based on my boards specs: Dual 6374 APS 170 KV motors rated for 80Amps, Focbox Unity, 12S7P battery and a 60A BMS… is it safe to push the Amps in each motor to 70, maybe even 80A each?
I tried with 60A and everything went fine, but I am afraid I am going to fry something if I push it more than that…

Cheers!