Custom Subsonic Century 40" Issues x2

I would forget about the imperfections of that deck (you will not be happy); instead you could use that deck and try to color it and add glass frit to your liking (you will be more happy; here’s an example Forget the grip use Glass Frit)

3 Likes

Holy jeebies. this thread was where the party was tonight.

:eyes:

Just read your post it’ll bump your read itme. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I feel for your frustration hope you get it worked out. And since you actually want the nice board… it may actually be worth the 3rd try if you can trust them. I’d get someone responsible on the phone and just see if they care to make it good or not. if they don’t seem to… then go for refund and find a new shiny.

4 Likes

maybe… the perfectionist is she…

have them equate the purchase to a non-costom… and send it to @Sender… if she don’t like his stuff… they can wrasstle…

3 Likes

See what you did @kook? I forgot Boas were actually wheels around here… not the feather scarves I was thinking.

3 Likes

faaaaaaaaaaaaaak fess… we waited for you like foe;;;ever

3 Likes

d00d

you have island fever… seek a continent… not antartica… and not greenland it’s not a continent…

1 Like

That’s just regular fever when you live in an island right?
I’ll go to Australia it’s like an island and a continent.

4 Likes

it’s like a mud island that would take you forever to touch the waterline

1 Like

you probably don’t even know how much iz out there, till you know what’s out there…

I could surf fiji, tahiti, hawaii… but it freeks me out to live there

except for the unicorn bra-less chix

1 Like

Wow.

6 Likes

Tim be like, give it to me

7 Likes

I have my opinions but they will get flagged.

2 Likes

Share! Share! Share!

2 Likes

I believe shipping is $45. Or Alan doesn’t like me.

He don’t like yuhhh… I paid $25 just trippple checked :eyes::joy:
Fer deck + enclosure :beers:

1. Those scuff marks are a direct result if flipping the board upside down while drilling the enclosure holes and fitting the enclosure. They will figure out eventually that you have to drill and insert first then put a finish on the deck. Or they may determine its easier for their process if they find a way to buff out the scuffs.

2. I haven’t seen a deck company yet that didn’t occasionally, albeit rarely, ship a deck with tiny dents in it. Most often they’re on the edges. That doesn’t make it right, of course, but it does seem to be the state of things right now. I have to assume these dings are from people bumping into things when they move the decks from station to station.

Neither of those things would have any affect on or indication of quality of deck lamination or likelyhood of deck failure. They’re purely aesthetic blemishes. They are unexpected and annoying though and can leave you with bad feelings.

10 Likes

WTF? I shipped to @Skyart so we could game plan. Was $45, so offered to buy an enclosure for him to split shipping later. Shipping didn’t change. So the one who really got fucked in the deal was Artem. He had to wait an extra month for mine to ship and only saved $2.50.

I would also like to add that i still don’t let them mount my enclosures and have been ordering “raw” or generically finished decks with the exception of one, which was something the customer specifically asked for. I didn’t think that the customization was worth the money and i should have done it myself.

I really really hope they’re not going out of business or close to it. They do seem to be trying a lot of new things lately though.

11 Likes

Are you planning on doing glass frit on top or what for grip? If so the top clearcoat needs to be sanded down anyway…

I myself bought 2 centuries just over a year ago no issues but my friend has been waiting for a century since start of June now. They’re onto the third remake of his deck now.

I gotta give it to them they’re going above and beyond to try and make things right but from my perspective stress is really high over there and it’s showing in the final product of their work.

From what I understand they almost went out of business at the start of the covid stuff when business was really slow than proceeded to get absolutely slammed with orders while needing to comply with local social distancing laws and shit a perfect storm.

At the end of the day its still a handmade product they easily pass the 3 feet test but any closer you can see some issues (both factory and from riding), I’d advise you to look at some pictures online and compare them to how close yours are shot from…

My biggest question though is what kind of condition do your expect you deck to stay in while riding? I see the top clearcoat getting scratched inevitable if you aren’t either grip taping it or fritting it, not to say it shouldn’t be in new condition when ya get it!

Which brings me to my second question why carbon fiber? You’re only going to hurt your remote connectivity…

I guess at what point do you take the discount?

But I think the entire situation here can be summed up by,

Reality - Expectations = Happiness

Also would strongly suggest to avoid getting subsonic to mount the enclosure as they seem to still fuck it up

2 Likes

It’s good to strive for perfection knowing that time is a killer and things will fuck up sooner or later anyways (mostly sooner). However, it’s always nice to fail better next time.

2 Likes