Current Anti Spark Switch Options

I’m a bit tight on space in my enclosure on my current build. I am thinking id like to use a switch instead of a loopkey, but I’m not sure what’s on the market right now.

Do we have a reliable Anti Spark yet? What y’all using?

2 Likes

I’m using one from maker-x. It’s been great for me but I know others have had them fail.

2 Likes

Maker X doesn’t have a pre-charge circuit. So its life will be limited in any setup.

5 Likes

The advanced FS should be decent, and @Gamer43 has the toughwire stuff but I’m not sure if it will be available (if they do show up they are fucking tiny, testing is happening for like 40 of them in another thread)

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not saying it’s bullet proof. Just saying it’s super compact and its been really reliable to me. I have around 2000 miles of riding on it.

1 Like

Damn lol, I just ordered my latest esc from them. I wish I had just tossed an antispark on the order

2 Likes

Oooo, i think i have one of these little guy lying somewhere, need to check if its from makerx. Are these that good? so far, i haven’t used any anti-spark switch yet.

1 Like

Like in said previously, they have been good for ME. I have seen 1 or 2 blow tho.

1 Like

I would just make sure you don’t have a capacitor bank installed. Without the pre-charge circuit, anytime its turned on there’s an inrush of current that has a tendency to blow the Fets in the on position. @Gamer43 helped flip sky with one of their switches and its supposed to be fairly robust. I can’t recall which model it was though

2 Likes

It’s the “enhanced” model.

1 Like

Maytech’s antisparks are on sale for $20 +shipping.

1 Like

Nice! Are these confirmed to work okay?

I know nothing about them frankly. Maybe someone else does?

They are rated at 50V which is kinda odd. 180A seems comfortable tho.

Yeah I’m gonna be running 12s so 50.4v I’m sure that would be fine but we will see

1 Like

Can confirm @Gamer43 's eswitch is really good. 300 Amp Flier switches are great too if you can find them without having to order 5 or more. Trying out the 200A Flipsky switches now, they seems pretty solid so far.

6 Likes

Have you tried any of the maytech switches? Got any links to the solid ones you mentioned? Just trying to do some research and make a decision

1 Like

These are ones i’m testing now.

I have not tried the maytechs yet.

4 Likes

+💯 for @Gamer43 's AS design.

@ryansinatra what voltage will you run? 12S?

1 Like

Yeah this is for a 12s build. @Gamer43 do you have any left?

Not sure there’s stock left atm but There will be more :kissing_heart: