Current Anti Spark Switch Options

Been waiting so long to finish this build with the whole neo ordeal. Gonna get something that’s available now and maybe I can swap it out down the road

2 Likes

Then for now you should get Flipsky smart switch as advised by Long-haired boi
It’s based on V1 design.
Will last good until new design is available in stock and you can upgrade later and resell the Flipsky by then.

Some one has one of these?

3 Likes

Oh good. This is why people hate antisparks sorry but not sorry. Please stick to the proven stuff or understand the design if you want to feel frisky and test something new out! I’m also guilty of using shitty antisparks when i shouldn’t, learnt that lesson ended up with a small bonfire in the enclosure fortunately the enclosure was air right and I used a weird high temp epoxy for that board and enclosure so most of the stuff could be saved.
Gamer43’s stuff are fantastic, v1 is sold by flipsky called “enhanced”, Idle current draw is small but substantial. 3dservisas fatboy antispark is solid but idle draw is brutal. Focbox unity seems to be sort of reliable has worked out for me at least. Gamers43s small run with Haggy board is fantastic! Recent small bug in the code with auto turn off but that is being take care of as we speak.
Other stuff I haven’t tested so can’t speak of those. I know for a fact though, that there are far more sour than sweet apples out there.

2 Likes

It has a half life shorter than oganesson (89 seconds)

Me, but I got no time to test it out
The button is big af

2 Likes

Those work fine, just don’t get them wet. Uhhh, yeah, no water, don’t ask.

1 Like

Wait hold up THATS A HIGH SIDE DRIVER

LT1910 is a highside load switch. It draws 2mA quiescent.

2 Likes

Just the xt60 is enough to break my horny…

Wait hold up, that design is actually legit, it follows all the rules, high side switch, inrush current limit, it even has a buck converter for the LED.

Must be running razor thin margins, the lt1910 is $5 in single quantity.

I can’t believe it. Someone else who actually knows proper power management design… from China!
They followed all the recommendations in the datasheet and added diodes across the load to clamp the turnoff transient.

8 Likes

I will wait for yours, my makerx A/S lasted 16 seconds.

1 Like

Ay, that thing looks legit. Just a bit big.

it is supposed to handle 100A cont and 600A burst. rated for 12S

unit cost about 35usd

1 Like

Where did you get your unit from?

taobao, but the seller said all item are made on demand. “there is 0 stock”

when i ordered this, it took 2 weeks to get to Hong Kong

apparently, the seller also got 13S version:

100A cont and 600A burst

60A cont and 240A burst

1 Like

These older designs are more likely to live up to their current claims but will leak power. But build a 100 amp capable device and put a Chinese copy of a connector only rated at 60 Amps (smart)

So these could be legit huh?

Links?

I don’t have that link saved, I will see if i can find it again

1 Like