Creality Ender 3, setup, mods/improvements and how-tos [serious]

Most of them are meant for the top mount setup, so make sure your spool will sit correctly on whatever you end up going with.

2 Likes

Make sure you get your Bowden tube lined up and pushed in enough. If you have too much of a gap in the hot end, melted filament will slowly leak through there and cause a jam. But that Capricorn stuff is awesome!

1 Like

I can’t get rid of this layer shift no matter what I try.

Anyone else experiencing? Always around the 5-10 layer.

Always provide pics. Words are not that helpful when trying to debug stuff.

I printed 2 of those, similar shift, printing the aperture extruder wheel now, seems to have similar shift.

Check your belt tension. The shift is along what direction? X is toward the right and y is from front to back if printer.

Also your bed temp seems to be high. What is it at?

One of those aperture knobs says in the notes to decrease size by 6% to get it to fit better I can’t remember if it’s the extruder or the z axis

If I recall it was x axis. I did try tightening it before the current print. This print seems better. Ill have to watch a belt tensioning video.

I think that print was 80* bed

1 Like

I was trying different bed settings chasing adhesion issues due to the warped bed. Currently printing on mirror sheet now.

Here’s a different print, still some shift.

1 Like

80 is too high. Try 60 or better 50. You should choose lower temperature as long as the first layer sticks. Too high of a temperature can cause elephant footing at the bottom of the print.

3 Likes

Looks like elephant footing on the loop key for sure

1 Like

Ok so tomorrow I’ll tighten the belt on the x axis again and try a print with lower bed temp. I was just following settings others had tried with petg I saw on the interwebs

1 Like

That’s elephants footing from too high of bed temps. I don’t see any layer shifting here

I use 75* for my PETG. But that varies by each manufacturer and the build surface. Ive used others that only required 60*.

Current print is on 60* bed 240* nozzle

I’ll try to get a better picture when it’s finished

1 Like

I don’t think this petg like as much heat as others. With the elephant footing and some stringing I think I can turn it down a bit.

You should print a temp tower

1 Like

Ok I’ll look one up, thanks