Crazy idea? 8-10" wheel attach to board like a bike fork?

sorry man but your going to have to draw it

5 Likes

12 Likes

I’m horrible at drawing, but hopefully you get the idea. Thered be a kingpin that is some how attached to the typical place you attach a truck

Check out speedboard

6 Likes

the thought is to go offroad with more confidence

check out 3SK8esk8 MTN build begins: A 16s Battle Axe?

2 Likes

yea, there are variations of this idea, but they don’t rotate, they are fixed, thus defeating the point

2 Likes

We would love for you to go ahead with the project!

Basically like a 3sk8 and a speedboard had a babay and it came out legs first

1 Like

look at this too

This is pretty much exactly what the tail on a skateboard is for.

You simply pick up the front wheels and turn whatever way you want.

Don’t have a tail? That’s the root cause of these issues.

1 Like

so how do you do that on an electric mountainboard then when you are strapped in?

2 Likes

Yea, kinda like that, good find, just more streamlined I guess haha, and with two wheels, like everyone is currently doing, in the back for better stability

1 Like

As you can see from my drawing skills, I also don’t have any cad or machining skills

1 Like

I feel ya I got the CAD stuff down but can’t produce a part to save my life.

Man I need a router or at least access to one.

Build your board with a tail?

mountainboards don’t have a tail?

Once you build it, it exists :blush:

3 Likes

Don’t bother, anything that isn’t a waterproof grocery runner won’t pass the @b264 test.

The trucks are on the tail and your feet are strapped in, carry on with your idea.

I almost bought gullwing sidewinder trucks for my first 3 wheeled es8 to try out (2 wheels on front, 1 in back) but went a different route and never came back to it. That pivot link is going to take a lot of awkward angled forces in the woods but I’d love a board that can shred a trail without having to hop the extra tight turns.

1 Like

It’d be nice to continue talking about stuff and not start openly attacking people, per usual around here.

@Venom121212 If you open your mind, you can read that I was suggesting something different than that.

1 Like

I just got done with my first ride on a leiftech, slidy boards are fun. Definitely interested in a off road version I like your idea. I would put the caster in the back and power it.