Cracked wowgo 2S deck... Is it still saveable?

I cut the griptape down from the nose, here’s how it looks.

The wowgo 3 deck is dope. Suuper flexy

1 Like

I dont think I could do that. I have pretty basic equipment for woodworking. Maybe I can put an aluminium rod, plate or something like that between the 2. and 3. layup of the fiberglass, and than add like 3-4 layers on top of it? . But I am not too sure whether my epoxy sticks to metal.

It’s not really an emotional attachment to the deck, but more of the lack of budget for buying a new one that’s better.

1 Like

Yeah I would definitely sandwich that with fiberglass on both sides if that’s the route you want to go.
And then after it’s fixed I would try to get a large x-thing over the top of the board to distribute the pressure from the truck bolts.
Like What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 1

2 Likes

Since I’ve bought my Switchblade I don’t really want to buy any more decks without a drop :smiley:
But right now I don’t even have money for a deck :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s exactly what i will do! I also contacted Dickyho whether he still sells his X brackets… I hope so. I won’t be riding this deck for two weeks anyways, so hopefully the brackets shipping won’t cause too much delay.

I had a wowgo 2s deck break on me. (was an incident)

bought a new landyachy for it

boards still shid.

all things considreed don’t spend more than 60 bucks on the deck but do change it.

1 Like

I will try to reinforce it for now. Will change it next year. I am too broke at the moment to afford a new deck lol

1 Like

I have the OG type on my newest build.

https://armattanproductions.com/pages/product_details/22448 4
https://armattanproductions.com/pages/product_details/22238 38

2 Likes

I think those are great on an already good deck but in this situation I would use something more substantial. More surface contact.

And I’m pretty sure I had mine from Matt before moon ever made ones out of carbon fiber, so not sute those are the OG.

1 Like

I’ve got these beefy fuckers.

From Matt probably 3 years ago now? Maybe almost 4.

2 Likes

What about glassing them in? Like epoxy over, and drilling out the holes. The material will definitely bond well. The final product will be a crazy looking contraption though. Form over function :joy:.

1 Like

Isn’t pushing a board on 115 rubber wheel totaly exhausting ?

1 Like

I made a video earlier during the summer.

I think glass is the simplest. No need to go top and bottom if the bottom still looks fine.
And I think X bolts are slick, but it wouldn’t strictly be necessary.
Could also just use pan head bolts with washers instead of countersunk heads.

I’d go ahead and probably do both the nose and tail with glass, and then re-grip the whole thing.

2 Likes

Nice video ! I feel like i learnd a lot just by watching it, seems a lot much work than i thought though

It didn’t arrive yet, but I expect it to be around 2x as hard. I only push like 3km in the morning and 5 in the afternoon every weekday, plus I have a km downhill… I think it will be doable. But I absolutely need the traction on the rainy days. You can also look at it as a workout :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I put in a lot more work than was necessary to just repair it though.

Wanted to cover all bases.

Send me your info and I’ll send you a deck.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer! I PM you :slight_smile:

Thanks, seems like a good video :slight_smile:I didn’t have time to watch it to the end yet, but I will do so later today :slight_smile: