Cracked wowgo 2S deck... Is it still saveable?

So I just cracked my wowgo 2S deck today, and I just bought new wheels yesterday so I can’t afford a new deck… I would do anything cheap to save it.

Just some info, I am somewhere around 75kg with my backpack. I used the deck for about 1200 km riding on the Wowgo 2, and then I used it as my pushboard for (it is hard to judge) about 200 km.

What could I do to save the deck? I absolutely need it on rainy days to commute when I can’t risk going with my electric board. Should I reinforce the shit out of it with fiberglass? How many layers? I have no idea how deep the crack is.
Or should I cut down the nearly broken part and make a wheelbase extender from hard wood? Whatever I do, the budget shouldn’t really be more than 30€, that’s how much money I still have left right now.

1 Like

Fiberglass and epoxy resin and it as good as new ( top and bottom) Quadriaxial fiberglass or biaxial

3 Likes

That’s gonna be a lot of work to save it. Also, epoxy, fiberglass cloth, brushes, cups, drop cloths, sandpaper, your valuable time. I’m sure I am forgetting quite a bit. It isn’t going to be a cheap fix. Not unless you already have the materials. If I were you, I would make a post in the thread, Wanted items cheap or free Someone in your area has an extra deck laying around, I’m sure. Good luck.

5 Likes

^^ this. I find used decks for around $40 or less all the time.
I don’t see the point in buying a bunch of supplies to fiberglass a deck unless the deck is near Irreplaceable.

4 Likes

Nope shit deck, better to buy second hand deck for 10 bucks.

3 Likes

Thanks, how many layers would you recommend? Should I apply it over the whole top and bottom or only next to the nose? I don’t have any quadriaxial or biaxial fiberglass, but I have about 45m2 of fiberglass mat with random fiber direction. I would prefer using that over buying new stuff.

@SoCalLA
I already have a lot of fiberglass, and I have to buy some epoxy anyways because I just used all I had on my battery enclosure. And I have to reinforce an other enclosure as well (a launchbox serving as an ESC enclosure).

I think it would be worth it to reinforce it. It would be hard to replace.

@Skunk @Bavioze One of the reasons I don’t just want to replace it is that it fits 115mm wheels on 9 inch trucks… With only biteing with a quite loose setup. Most cheap decks can’t fit that. I couldn’t find anything cheap locally that this would fit on.
Also reinforcing it wouldn’t really be an extra cost, just time. Which I will have quite a lot of because the autumn break in school is starting next week for me.

2 Likes

I mean i see why you would not want to spend money for another deck. What drivetrain are you using?

Oh btw:

Lowest 3 plys delaminated, its on the wall of shame now.

2 Likes

I would sandwich the problem area.

1 Like

It’s a wowgo deck yeah? Then it is a cheap deck.
I’m sure it could be found on alibaba , aliexpress , banggood, ebay.

But if you have the stuff to save it and the time go for it.
If you were in the states I would recommend skateshred. They have similar decks for around $30.

1 Like

Wow, that’s pretty bad! :smiley:

This deck is a pushboard now. I bought the onsra 115mm rubber wheels to have good traction in rain for winter. The wheels will go onto the electric when I will get enough money to upgrade the drivetrain.

I will make a build thread about my electric board when I finish it, but here are the (current specs)
Landyactz Switchblade 40
DIY battery enclosure, 6-7 layers of fiberglass
12S5P P42A with LLT smart BMS
2x Cheap Focer 2 v0.9 - in a top mounted lunch box waiting to be reinforced with fiberglass
Wowgo 2S trucks, I used them for more than an year, really shit
Wowgo 2S wheels, hard af, used for more than an year
Wowgo 2S hub motors, used a lot, 1y+… they might fall apart on me. I will outline the problem in my build thread. Unless they fall apart I won’t replace them until summer

The parts I have from wowgo, will all get replaced next summer, but this is how far I could come with the board from the budget I have currently, aka all money spent :smiley:
Planned upgrade: dual 6374/6384, BN gear drives, BN trucks, Onsra 115 wheels (which I already bought)

EDIT:
Here’s a sneak peak of approximately how it will look, but I still need a week or two to call it finished :smiley:

2 Likes

I live in Hungary, eastern-middle Europe. Not much money, and nothing is cheap for us. Only a few people have esk8s here, most of those boards are wowgos and meepos. Shipping costs and taxes also pretty bad for my taste. I don’t think I could pick up any cheap deck that fits the setup I have below 60€ if we include taxes and shipping. If I were to live in the US I would just have bought a skateshred deck :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sensing a bit of emotional attachment to this deck. Lol. I’m the same way. I can appreciate the devotion. I’ve fixed a couple of broken surfboards in the past. And spliced in some supports perpendicular through the crack, before layup & glass. Sort of like a few very short stringers. But that was foam. I’m not sure of your woodworking skills, but I would use the same idea here. But use biscuit or dovetail joints. You can do it with a good set of chisels. But a hand router might be the ticket.

2 Likes

I cut the griptape down from the nose, here’s how it looks.

The wowgo 3 deck is dope. Suuper flexy

1 Like

I dont think I could do that. I have pretty basic equipment for woodworking. Maybe I can put an aluminium rod, plate or something like that between the 2. and 3. layup of the fiberglass, and than add like 3-4 layers on top of it? . But I am not too sure whether my epoxy sticks to metal.

It’s not really an emotional attachment to the deck, but more of the lack of budget for buying a new one that’s better.

1 Like

Yeah I would definitely sandwich that with fiberglass on both sides if that’s the route you want to go.
And then after it’s fixed I would try to get a large x-thing over the top of the board to distribute the pressure from the truck bolts.
Like What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 1

2 Likes

Since I’ve bought my Switchblade I don’t really want to buy any more decks without a drop :smiley:
But right now I don’t even have money for a deck :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s exactly what i will do! I also contacted Dickyho whether he still sells his X brackets… I hope so. I won’t be riding this deck for two weeks anyways, so hopefully the brackets shipping won’t cause too much delay.

I had a wowgo 2s deck break on me. (was an incident)

bought a new landyachy for it

boards still shid.

all things considreed don’t spend more than 60 bucks on the deck but do change it.

1 Like