CoViX2 - A Flipsky VX2 Mod

I learned all my battery building from him, A+ bro

4 Likes

I might still have the STL files for this if anyone needs them. Will need to check when i get home from work.

1 Like

Looks like looks like the stl links still work! I like the VX2 but the shape is a little off for my hands.

Would be nice find 3D models of the board assembly. @BigBen?

yup I’ve gotten the STL files downloaded and had a mess around with them, but I’m a complete beginner and FreeCAD seems to generate some spicy stuff when you get it to try and re-interpret finished STLs.

Has anyone seen more “raw” versions of these models? As in something that hasn’t been exported and is easier to edit

Thanks for building this model, it’s amazing!! I’ve crashed two VX2 and most of the inner content is undamaged, with the shell being always the weakest part. I lost magnets and the wheel once because the case cracked open. I hope your screw-through idea will improve it!

I’m giving a shot and will be using this as my main remote once I finish assembling. I spent some hours sanding the print to make it less rough on the hands. Here’s the result:

For the curious - this was printed with a CR-10S Pro V2 with a 0.6mm nozzle in draft mode (120mm/s speed) using a generic red filament from Amazon.

2 Likes

Anyone have the desire to make one for me? I would be willing to pay, I just dont have a printer to make one…

1 Like

I could print it all out for you but I’ve got somewhat alot of things to print with only 1 printer in hand if you don’t mind waiting a bit PM me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a picture of this thing finished up? How’s it feel?

Well when you get a minute to use it lmao, just saw its just being assembled… Looks sick man, can’t wait to see more

2 Likes

Yes, just finished assembling it, but I don’t have the screws yet. Here’s the result:

It feels good on the hand, the finger loop is a bit big but I’m not using gloves. I think gloves will make it feel better. Here’s how the remote looks without my hands covering it:

My helmet is white and red so I’m thinking of painting (or printing) the wheel and buttons in white to look better :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Damn that actually looks pretty good! I’d be scared to paint the buttons myself haha… I like the finger loop, but a bit unsure about the display mount setup.

I may have to give this a print to see how it feels.

Was it hard to swap out the internals? Got any pics of the insides?

1 Like

the whole lenght is a pcb

2 Likes

Me too. I’m skeptical about the cables, they keep disconnecting when moving the display assembly. I might leave a dot of hot glue on the connectors to avoid that.

The battery was a way too sbug fit, I had to fit it inside the other side of the shell first otherwise it would get squeezed and punctured when closing. The number of screws is way larger (3 vs 1) but it might still be a bit flimsy due to bad tolerances of my 120mm/s print (that’s ultra draft mode) and the battery being squeezed.

I might print this in a slower speed and higher quality if I end up liking it. I also want to adjust a few things. The smaller features are too fragile and broke (e.g.: the button holder) and the tolerances for the things that fit inside each other aren’t great, so I need to calibrate my printer. But hey, this is a good start.

1 Like

you printed that at 120mm/s!!! JFC that’s fast man! If you do end up tinkering on this more please do share - love seeing the progress on this!

Update: I have used the assembled remote twice and made it my primary remote. Will put it through a stress test this weekend. I was forced to move to the printed remote since I wiped, and once again the poor VX2 teared in pieces… Fortunately this time I didn’t lose the magnets.

First impressions are pretty positive. The remote feels good in hand and feels much, much more sturdy than the VX2.

The screen is a bit finicky and the cable is short so if you move the screen sometimes the cables disconnect.

3 Likes

The tiny stand-off axle that holds the springy plastic piece snapped off the case. I drilled a hole and put a short screw to replace it.

2 Likes

Would you be willing to upload a STEP file of this? I just want to have a play.

I think the original poster is gone from the forum about a year and there doesn’t exist copies other than the STL files above, I tried looking for source files a while ago

4 Likes

Good (?) news is that I had my first severe wipe with the remote in hands and thanks to the finger loop it did not end up splashing on the street. The remote is intact after the wipe!

4 Likes

Oh nice! Do you have any pictures of the remote afterwards?

Edit: shit I don’t mean nice you fell, I mean nice you seem fine and the remote is good

2 Likes

There’s no difference before/after. The finger loop saved it - plus me falling the right way this time, not using my hands to absorb impact :joy:

2 Likes