CoViX2 - A Flipsky VX2 Mod

Thanks for letting us know, Will we be able to print them ourselves or do we need to purchase them from yourself?

2 Likes

No, its completely free, this is just fun for the community. You can print yourself or I will sell kit for cost of materials + shipping. Version 1 is almost complete. Testing it for a couple days to make sure nothing weird I didn’t think of comes up.

Also if anyone else is interested in test printing version 1, send PM for files

Edit: thought about it and it is free for everyone unless your name is kevin, it is $19.99 + file hosting fees for kevin.

7 Likes

Looking forward to that trigger version.
I’ve decided trying this vx2 now that I really don’t like thumb control.
I think it would be slightly better with a weaker spring but still it’s the thumb control part that’s just less accurate to me.

2 Likes

What a fastastic idea. I have 2 x VX2.
Will it work with both versions of the vx2.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure it will, I know the body and PCB is identical, I’m not 100% sure the screen is the same since the pro version is colored, but if you have it you’re welcome to try and see, if not I can make changes

2 Likes

I will get started on the trigger type soon. Do you think I should use the same ball bearing type axle for the trigger?

Does somebody think about vx1 printable case with 18650 battery?

1 Like

By the way I agree the screen is not on a convenient angle.

Comparing to the mini rc remote trigger I don’t think it’s necessary for ball bearing unless of course that has it too.

I don’t think trigger really benefits from ball bearing, there is no push on the axle like thumb wheels have

1 Like

Version 1 files posted. More to come later.

2 Likes

how did the remote case turn out?

I’m kinda surprised this died. The worst part about the vx2 is easily the enclosure (followed by the scroll wheel and the screen…). Putting one of these in the printer queue now…

2 Likes

This was a pretty good mod. Although as you would expect the first part to snap off during any accident was the screen

2 Likes

Yep, needs a remix with the screen embedded right where it is.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new so hopefully digging up old posts is ok around here.

I’ve been looking into lighting for my board and wanted to try mounting a reasonably powerful (1W or 3W) LED, LED driver, and an 18650 in a modified enclosure for a VX2. I’m posting here because it seems to be the only model for a VX2 I can find. I’m in my last semester of an elec engineering degree so I have decent electronics skills but haven’t messed with 3D printing or modelling up to now, so anything I post will likely be amateurish at best.

If anyone knows of a similar project already (I’ve seen people mount shredlights to boosted board remotes but nothing like this) please let me know, otherwise thanks @BluPenguin for the files

2 Likes

@BluPenguin this is great. I’m glad this was resurrected!

1 Like

I would happily buy one how much do you charge for shipping to eu?

1 Like

He’s not on the forum anymore, sadly :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

This, so sad about this

4 Likes

He was the first person on the forum who I ever got something made from… Best customer service ever as well… :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes